Part 19

Hey!!! I Know its been a while since my last update. I'm sorry. But I hope everyone is enjoying the return of Brooklyn Nine Nine... I know I'm. Please enjoy this chapter...

                   //~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~\\~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~//

"So did we manage to get anything on Phil. Zoya was our only hope of getting a step ahead of them," wished Terry.

"Without even meaning to, she managed to tell us everything," smiled Amy. 

"We did it partner," chimed in Jake but then stopped. He wasn't sure if that was even too early tp joke about.

"Yeah, I guess we still make an amazing team. Nine Nine," chanted Amy. 

"Nine Nine," everyone chanted back. 

Jake looked at Amy and saw that same old Amy. The one before the whole dating and Sophia thing. Did she really mean the whole... lets just be friends and take everything back to before they were dating thing?

"So, I went through Zoya's phone records and emails and I managed to pin this weird email address and account number which she was emailing to and making payments into," explained Boyle.

"So we have enough on her to arrest her. We just need to find the anything else that can be used against them in court. We don't want to miss anything and have them work free," added Amy. 

"Ok so tomorrow we will go to the bank and get all the details from the bank. Who the account belongs to and where what not," said Rosa. 

"Boyle and I will go to through the records and all the possible places where Zoya and Philp could have had their operation from." 

Just then Captain Holt joined them. 

"I heard this case is starting to look good for us?" 

"Yes sir. We have found a connection between Philp and Zoya working together. That's why we couldn't link him to any crime. He uses Zoya as a cover up. Now who is the master mind behind this all isn't known but it won't matter. They both are going away for good," explained Terry. 

"So the guy we found is how linked with this case?"

"That's what Boyle and I are going to find out. We need to figure out who he was and how he became involved with them."

"Ok, good job team. Get some rest and tomorrow we finally put an end to this all." 

                             //~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~//

Jake waited as everyone started to leave for the day. Amy was filing some paperwork so Jake took his time to be alone with her. 

"Hey, how come you still here. I thought you would be the first to leave. The case is nearly solved and it has been a long and tiring couple of days."

"Well, that's what I wanted to talk to you about," started Jake. 

"Jake, can you please not start with this all. It took me a while to bring myself to this point and I can't..."

Jake let out a small breath. He hated this all yet he didn't want to push Amy too much. How was he going to learn the whole story if Amy kept pushing him away. But before he could say anything, he heard someone call his name. He turned around to find Sophia.

"Hey hon, I thought we could go out for a date night," Sophia smiled. She gave Jake a kiss leaving him a little uncomfortable. 

He could see from the corner of his eyes, Amy a little uncomfortable as well as she shifted in her chair and look away. 

"Mmmm... I have ..."

"Please Jake if this has anything to do with my client and the case than can we just forget it and just go out."

Jake took a while but then nodded. "Fine, just let me put away some evidence and then we'll go." 

Jake walked away leaving Amy and Sophia alone. 

"So, hows it been? I know we haven't had much time to catch up and all?" Asked Sophia. 

Amy smiled politely. 

"I know you and Jake are partners and great friends. What I did and how I left wasn't the best... the whole time I was gone, I couldn't stop thinking about how horribly I ended things. But also know that Jake and I were good together and he still loves me. I know I still love him," shared sophia. 

"Yeah... you never get over your first love," chocked Amy. 

"Yeah, that's right. I was the first person that he said that to. And not as a joke. I know our job was the reason of our breakup but this time I won't let that happen." 

Amy said nothing. She didn't know how to act. She wanted to let Jake go but her heart wasn't accepting it. She loved him too much but seeing Sophia, she couldn't bring herself to take away Jake from Sophia. She didn't know what to do. She didnt know how to talk to Jake about this as she knew that he would just go with what he had and not think about how he actually felt. Maybe thats why he hadn't told Sophia about them being together.