Chapter 25

Ella's P.O.V.

I went to the store room to see Minseo leaving the room with her friends. I caught an eye contact with her. She gave me a disgusting look as if I'm a garbage or something!
Her eyes clearly reflects anger for me. If I ask something it may annoy her more and make her want more bad for me which is bad for her and me as well.

It's better not to stretch things! I thought to myself. I passed by her to the store room.

I entered the store room to see the piles of pages but box. Maybe all boxes from this side has already been taken. I should look in the back alleys.

I was about to walk towards the back alleys when when I heard the door closing.

"What happened!" I turned to the door to see it's close.
Should I take a look?.. But Minseo is outside and I don't want to face her again!.... Let's take the boxes and then will leave. It might be the wind! I thought to myself.

I went to the back alleys for boxes when I stepped on something. I looked down to see some empty cigarette boxes.

Whay?.... someone used to smoke here or should I say some people!

But smoking is prohibited here
No wonder they choose this place for smoking. It's the quietest place here. Was it Minseo? She comes here so often. Ah! Maybe I shouldn't blame someone without knowing.....

Anyway! Which box should I take!
I turned to the boxes.
"Hmmm......Which one should I take!"

I was indulged in my thoughts when the smell of smoke hit my nose bad.
I tried to sniff which revealed that the smell was too strong.
WhaT is it? I turned to see the smoke coming from the front alleys. I traced to the front alleys.

"Oh my God! What's this!" My eyes widen with shock to see huge fire! All the piles of pages are on fire!

"What should I do!"
I looked around to find some gallons. I went for those to find those empty.
I looked to the other corner when I got scared.
Oxygen cylinders are at this corner! It will be a complete disaster if those catch up fire!
I should just go to ask for help.

I ran towards the door. I tried to open it but couldn't.
"Whay! Why is it stuck!"
I tried with all my strength.
"Is it locked? But it's not supposed to be locked till evening. And they'll at least check before locking this!"

I don't understand what to do! Why is it locked!
"Did Minseo do it!?" My eyes widen to the thought.
She was the last person I saw here!
Did she do it purposefully!

"No, no! This can't be like this! I shouldn't blame someone just because of the situation ! But what...... cough.... Should I do!"

Think Ella! You can't be puzzled right now!

It's already too much of smoke for me to breath in. I ran to the oxygen cylinders and struggled to move them to the back alleys. Though it's not much of help but at least it'll allow me some time.

The fire and smoke are at work. It's burning my eyes! .... cough.... I again tried to open the door but failed. I looked to find a broken rod near the fire. Should I use it! I picked it up hurriedly just to burn my hand.

"Oh fk!" I blew on my palm.

I took off my apron and folded it to hold the rod. I'm feeling so weak. Maybe I'm getting hypoxic.

"ANDE! ELLA! YOU'LL HAVE TO MAKE IT!" I tried to calm myself. I invested my whole strength to hit the door but of no use! I finally gave up!

I sat on the ground. I'm coughing too badly. I can't make it. All my tiredness and the horrible memories got me. That's all I could do before my fear took over me! Looks like I'm having my panic attacks!

I'm so much scared of fire! I still remember that day........! That kidnapper tried to burn me! I was so scared that day! Fire is the last thing I would like to face! I still have those memories haunting me..... I ... tried to overcome it in every possible way. I even  started cooking to play with fire. Thought..... that it'll help but today.......cough.... today I feel it was all in vein..... I feel like I can't move even an inch!   I huffed.

I'm feeling dizzy! My eyes are burning because of smoke It's getting harder to keep my eyes open not only for the smoke but also of my dizziness. Looks like I'm running out of oxygen. It became hard for me to sit straight. I couldn't but fell on the ground.

Suddenly a sound hit my ears! Is it my phone? I found it in my pocket. Right!..... I...... I had it there. I ..... could've used it..... my eyes are too blurry to read the number. And again too much weak. I picked it up and struggled to bring it over my ears.

"He....llo..." I murmured. Did the person even hear it! IT was too low even for me to hear at.

"ELLA! CAN YOU HEAR ME HELLO?" Someone yelled over rhe phone.. but I was too out of strength to figure out whoever it was.

"I... I...." I struggled to talk but failed.

"ELLA ! WHERE ARE YOU? TELL ME! HELLO? ELLA?....." the voice asked worryingly over the phone.
I'm running out of strength. The phone fell from my hand. I still hear murmuring over the phone.

My eyelids are fighting with me trying to shutdown! I can't think straight!
Earlier I was coughing badly but now I'm too weak even to breath. And because if this smoke I can't even breathe.
Feels like I'm inhaling fire.
I looked at the fire. It's so scary right now.All these medicines are being wasted. They should've reached the people! All I could see is fire.

It has already taken its way towards me. Everything will end once it catches the cylinders...! I blinked weakly.

Am I going to die?... Well death isn't something I'm scared of just that I never wanted a horrible death experience. Again.... Jihoo! ..... I .... feel bad..... won't I see his face at least once before I die!..... Even if I die now I don't regret........ I've spent some beautiful days with him. I could've never imagined...... to be this much pampered by him..... If I'm asked how life was to me I would just say..... IT WAS WOUNDERFUL without any hesitation...... because of him. Now that I look back at my life looks like I was booked for horrible accidents! ........There were darkness all around me! Some were created by me and rest ... rest were gifted..!. But In spite of all those horrible things he was a ray of Sun that was more than enough to lit up my whole life......So.... so I'm really happy that.... I could have such an experience! Now I'm not scared of anything.....! Even if the grim reaper comes... I can leave with him with a smiling face! Just that.... Just that it would've been so great if.. I could see him for... one last time!   

It's too much difficult even to keep my eyes open. Feels like I'm gonna loose my consciousness very soon.

What will happen then?.... Mom Dad will be so sad... if I die today. And Jimin, my brother will be so angry! But they can't scold me right? Well,.. That's a relief!   I chuckled.
I should've visit them in the last Christmas. Maybe I won't see them ever again. Tears dropped from my eyes.

"Dad! I miss you" words escaped from my weak lips.

What's it..... why does it hurt! I turned my head to see the fire touching my hand. I tried to withdraw my hands but could only flick my one or two fingers weakly!
But I'm too weak to even move my hand. Tears are running down my eyes vigorously! I ran out of last drop of my strength.

Lisa will be angry too! She...... asked me to be...... safe! She'll regret it..... so much. Only.... only if I could say her thtat..... It's not.. her fault!

I guess I saw something. I could barely see. I could vaguely see a pair of black shoes coming towards me through the smoke.

Is it a human?..... or Maybe it's the grim reaper...... THE MAN IN BLACK !   I chuckled. I blinked hard trying to see .

Is it Jihoo? Is really someone there or I'm just hallucinating as I'm missing him!  I exhaled. Why am I being weird !

This time..... this time I couldn't fight back my strength or maybe didn't want to!. It's all dark ! Maybe........ Maybe it's time to go........