50 Facts About Cat (50 followers celebration)

Okay. This took way way longer to do than I thought it would. I hope you guys enjoy reading all this stuff. Even if you don't it was kind of fun to force myself to think about.

1. My actual name is gender neutral, but I tend to go by Rook or Rookie.

2. I'm 19 years old.

3. My birthday is November 10.

4. I learned to read much quicker than my mom learned that I had learned to read.

5. My favorite genres are sci-fi and historical fiction.

6. I suck at writing both of my favorite genres.

7. One of my favorite things to write are short, stream of consciousnessy type things with no particular plot.

8. When I was younger, I wrote a lot of poetry. Most of it was pretty terrible, but....

9. I once won a writing contest with a poem.

10. I love animals and my family has owned fish, rabbits, guinea pigs, hamsters, degus (look it up, it's a thing!), dogs, and cats. Often multiples tiers of the food chain at once.

11. I love other art forms as well. I drew the background of my profile. I'm not very good. I've also worked with clay, paint, and bead-weaving with various levels of success.

12. Some day I would love to make Let's Plays. I would be terrible, but I would love it.

13. My favorite author is C.S. Lewis. Or J.R.R. Tolkien. Or John Flanagan. Or Sharon Kay Penman. Or...

14. Kurt is my favorite youtuber. I like his sort of rambly kind of commentary style. I mean, the guy makes walking endlessly in one direction fun. Credit where credit is due.

15. I don't drink coffee.

16. I drink tea instead. Plain type teas or mint. I'm not really a fruity kind of person.

17. I love music. Not quite any music, but an awful lot of music.

18. Like Lecrae, Rapture Ruckus, Cantus, Empire Brass, early Taylor Swift, ect. (This list could get long fast...)

19. I'm a Christian.

20. I'm a janitor of sorts. I get paid to clean all the things. And I like to listen to music while I do.

21. I don't enjoy reading electronically and I don't know why. E-books, wattpad, I want to, but it's a struggle read without an actual book in my hands. Tablets make it easier.

22. I prefer cannon in fan fictions. (Not just Minecraft, by the way.)

23. The first fan fiction I ever wrote was a Legend of Korra ff.

24. I actually broke cannon in it because I hated Korra and Mako together. (I'll give blueberry muffins to anyone who actually knows this one.)

25. I'm American.

26. Despite being American, I only found out that 'colour' is spelled 'color' over here in the past three years.

27. I cannot make myself spell 'travelled' and 'travelling' with only one 'l'.

28. Similarly, I have to be careful not to talk about 'torches', 'lories', and 'flats'.

29. I love listening to accents for their own sakes.

30. I would love to visit Germany some day.

31. I've travelled a lot for my age. Most of the 50 states, plus trips to Chile, and Canada.

32. When I was young, we moved so much that after being in a house for a year, I got excited about the moving truck.

33. My clearest, earliest memory is a trip my dad and I made moving from Alabama. We drove from Alabama to Ohio in the loudest moving van ever and we stopped at McDonalds for every meal we ate on the trip.

34. I've kept a dream journal somewhat sporadically for the past three years.

35. This has led to some hysterical quotes according to friends and family

36. The 'best' one (the one I hear the most) is 'Just give me a second to get past the train. And the lake. And being arrested,' in a somewhat confused voice.

37. 'If you're gonna get it wrong, get it right,' is a close second, though.

38. I say stupid stuff. (See above)

39. Some days I think I might be slightly dyslexic. This has also led to some hysterical/embarrassing moments.

40. I have Asperger's syndrome.

41. I was home schooled.

42. I graduated in a class of three.

43. I have legitimately no idea where the ideas for my stories come from 9 times out of 10.

44. I play very few video games, preferring to read, write, or craft.

45. The video games I do play (other than Minecraft) are almost invariably puzzle games.

46. My parents tried to get me to be athletic. Gymnastics, soccer, t-ball, swim team, dance.

47. My parents failed.

48. But I think I would enjoy running if I ever got a chance.

49. I base characters off of mash-ups of people I know. (Xavier was a combination of my brother, a guy I work with, and a girl from my home school co-op.) But I've never based a character off of myself.

50. The way I would like to be remembered when I die is that I told stories that made life just a little more bearable.