Chapter 7: When Will We Be Together?

I woke up from about a two hour sleep. I was once again in Daveed and Jalene's guest room. The night before, Daveed and I agreed that it would be too soon for me to sleep next to him. And awkward, considering we both didn't really know where our relationship stood.

   I ran a hand through my (hair color) hair, sighing.

   I missed Luca. I missed Daveed's normal personality. He was so bubbly before this whole situation happened. Now, he seemed like a different person.

   I reluctantly stood up. As soon as I did, my body craved the comfortable bed I had just laid in.

   But that wasn't the only thing my body craved. It craved the embrace of Daveed.

   I wished that Snowball was here. Whenever I felt sad, angry, nervous, or just bad in general, I would snuggle the little bundle of sweetness until I felt better.

   But I couldn't go back to my house to get her. There was no way Luca wouldn't pummel me.

   My shin and face were still sore.

   I was getting tired of feeling pain.

   I made my way into the living room, and Daveed was sitting on the couch...

   With no shirt on.

   Was that his pajamas?

   I squealed quietly and covered my eyes, my face heating up. I didn't really remember, but I didn't think I'd ever been as flustered as I was in that moment. Even when Luca was chilling with no shirt on.

   I heard Daveed chuckle, and I peered through my fingers at him.

   He was wearing a taunting smirk. "You like what you see~?" he teased.

   "Um..," I stammered. "N-no..."

   Daveed chuckled again and looked down at his phone.

   I ran into what would be my room for a little bit and grabbed a pajama shirt from one of the drawers. I then ran back into the living room and yeeted it at Daveed.

   It landed right on his chest. He looked down at it, smirking. "What's this?"

   "Put it on," I said, my face still red. "Show some decency."

   Daveed rolled his eyes. "Fine, fine."

   He slipped on the shirt, and I felt a lot more disappointed about that than I thought I was going to. He looked absolutely gorgeous with no shirt on.

   I sat next to Daveed. "That's better."

   Daveed looked at me with another smirk. "You wish it was off again, don't you?"

   My face heated up again. Right after it had cooled down, too. "N-no! Why would you suggest something as i-insane as that?"

   Daveed's smirk got wider. "You do! I knew it!"

   I sighed, crossing my arms and looking at the couch cushions. I remained silent.

   Daveed was silent now, too. Cue the awkwardness.

   I wonder when Daveed and I will get together, I thought. Or if we'll get together at all. Where do we even stand right now? Are we a soon-to-be-couple? An actual couple? Friends that like each other? I hope he asks to be my boyfriend soon, though. Because I'd love to call him mine.

   I stole a glance at Daveed, since he's too beautiful to not, and he was looking at me. Almost longingly. Like he wanted to be mine also.

   I turned my head to the side. "What is it?" I asked, referring to his intense staring.

   Daveed was silent for a moment. Then he said, "You're just really beautiful."

   My face turned red. "Ah...thank you..," I said, giggling quietly.

   Yay! The silence makes its entrance!

   I felt like I needed to ask Daveed where we stood and if we would ever get together.

   "Dav?" I said.

   "Hm?"

   "When are we gonna be together?" I asked. "Where do we even stand right now? Are we still friends as of now?"

   Daveed sighed, looking down. It was clear that he was dreading that question. "I...I don't know when we're gonna be together..."

   I sighed quietly, a bit unhappy that I hadn't received a definite answer. "It will happen, though, right?"

   Daveed nodded. "Yes. It will happen eventually. I just..."

   Daveed trailed off, and I needed to know the end of his sentence. "You just what, Dav?" I asked softly.

   "I just need time to move on from Jalene. I still love her, after all..," Daveed answered.

   When Daveed said that, it made my blood boil. I didn't know why, considering I still loved Luca and missed him also.

   Am I jealous? I thought. Why? Daveed already said he loves me more than anything.

   Instead of expressing my inward anger, I managed to say in a calm and collected way, "I understand. Please tell me once you're ready to get together, okay?"

   Daveed nodded.

   I sighed quietly, not knowing what to say next. Then, without thinking, I said, "For the record, you looked absolutely wonderful without your shirt on."

   I mentally punched myself.

   Daveed smirked. "I knew it~"

   "Stop being so smug," I grumbled. "I could point out a thousand flaws that you have."

   Daveed raised an eyebrow. "Go ahead. Try."

   "Okay, Mr. Cocky," I said, a smirk of my own appearing on my face. "Your voice sounds like a teenager that's trying to sing a song by Adele, your hair always falls into our food, whenever you hug someone, you pretty much end up breaking their bones--"

   "Okay, okay! I get it!" Daveed huffed.

   "There's that voice!" I teased. I was happy that it was getting a little easier to act normal when I was around Daveed.

   "Fine. Does this sound better?" Daveed said in the deepest voice he could muster.

   "Now you sound like toddler Darth Vader," I said with a giggle.

   "I give up!" Daveed whined in his normal voice. "And my hair does not get in our food!"

   "Yes it does!" I argued. "You should get a hair net!"

   "Then I'd look like a lunch lady!"

   "Exactly!"

   I giggled as Daveed rolled his eyes.

   I didn't know much at the time. I didn't know how to find the area under a curve, I didn't know how to not be afraid of the dark, I didn't know how to eat food without making a mess. But I did know that no matter how long it took for Daveed to be ready to date me...

   I would wait for him to be ready.

99+ reads?! Thank you all!!