45. narcissist

The bus pulled up and they all hopped off, dragging their bags with them. Kat was happy, she hadn't felt this refreshed in a long time. She stepped off the bus and breathed a breath of fresh air.

"Fuck you, Healy!" Someone yelled, she opened her eyes and followed the voice to see Alice storming towards them. Matty was standing with his suitcase and backpack on, looking majorly confused.

"What?" He asked, Alice got out her phone and showed him something. His face dropped.

"I go away for one weekend! Honestly, you're so pathetic!" She screamed, creating a huge scene which was one of Matty's ultimate fears. Kat just watched like everyone else until Matty turned to look at her.

"Alice, I'm so sorry. It meant nothing, I was completely-" he stopped himself from speaking before he told her something he would regret. Everyone was so confused as to what was happening.

"Were you high?" She shouted, he shook his head immediately. Well done Matty, a straight up lie, thought Kat.

"No no, I was just drunk. I didn't know what I was doing." He panicked, Kat took a step towards them. Big mistake.

"Alice, why don't you two deal with this in private?" She suggested, Matty looked in panic to Kat as she spoke while Alice gave her daggers.

"Here she is, the secret slut" Kat was triggered by that word, she gasped. George leapt forward, knowing it would send her crazy. He knew how insecure she was about her past and how scared she was to be labeled a slut.

"Excuse me?" She yelled, George took her arm. Alice shoved her phone in her face while Matty looked like he was having a mental breakdown. Kat pushed George away and looked at the phone. There was a photo of Kat stood in front of Matty backstage and they were kissing. Her face dropped and so did George's.

"Leave Kat out of this, She didn't even want to kiss me. She pushed me off her like a millisecond after that was taken." Matty stood up for Kat, which she did not expect. He was lying to her, constantly. Kat was so glad it wasn't a photo of them kissing in the crowd.

"Why the fuck would I want to kiss Matty?" Kat hissed, still pissed that she had called her a slut. Matty looked at her in disbelief for a split second but knew this wasn't the time.

"I was drunk and nervous for the show. I'm sorry but can we talk somewhere else. Let me drive you home." He apologised again to Alice.

"You should be grateful it wasn't some rando who would've kissed him back." Kat added, George put his arm around around her neck from behind, ready to yank her back. Matty bit his lip and looked at Alice.

"What? Are you expecting me to do? Say thank you for kissing my boyfriend?" Alice yelled, Kat rolled her eyes. Matty looked at Kat.

"Fuck off Alice, after everything I've done for you, you can't expect me to want your boyfriend." Kat said, slightly hurt. Matty snapped his head to Alice and watched her face fall. Did her and Kat talk without him? What had she done for Alice? Why didn't he know about this?

"Okay, Kitty. Time to go." George said into her ear, pulling her away, just in time for the tears to fall from her eyes. He motioned to the others to take their things while he walked her in a random direction.

Alice got in the car with Matty but at that point he had more questions for her than she had for him.

"Do you like her?" Alice asked, beating him to it. He sighed.

"Alice." He sighed, she shook her head. He watched the tears brim in his eyes.

"I thought I could handle it but I just don't know anymore." She said, clearly frustrated. Matty stared at her with confusion.