9

Denis POV

I hear louder footsteps. I look behind me and see another stampede of dolls following close behind. With the dolls, I also see... Alex?! His eyes were all black and he had a creepy, emotionless grin on his face.

Have they done this to the others too? Intense worry rushes over me. I look ahead and see that I've missed the only right turn and I'm now approaching a dead end.

Y/N POV

"I saw Elijah earlier. His eyes were all black like the ones of the dolls'..," I tell Sub.

He looks at me with a surprised expression. He holds up a hand, indicating for me to wait.

"What?" I ask him.

He tries to trace letters into the air, using his fingers. I try to follow along.

"A-," I try to repeat back to him, to see if I was getting he right letters.

"I?" I question.

He shakes his head.

"L?" I question again.

He nods.

"E- X-," I'm able to decipher.

He nods again.

"Is that it?" I ask.

He puts a thumb up.

I put all of the letters together.

"A- L- E- X... Alex!" I conclude.

He nods his head again and points to his eye.

"Alex's eyes were black too?" I ask, with rising concern.

He nods once again.

"What if it happened to the others too?" I rhetorically ask him.

He looks at me, with rising concern as well. Suddenly, a small piece of worn out paper falls from above.

Sub raises an eyebrow. I look back at him and pick it up. I read it out loud:

"Before the time strikes new day, you must save your unfortunate comrades from their undesired fate, for you do not want to know what will happen if you are to be late.."