Departure

[]

I shook my head in disappointment as Jaehyun couldn't manage to open the box. "Try magic." "Do you think it'll work Hoon?" "Won't know until we try." I watched as he tried basic magic which yielded no results. "Could you excuse us for a moment?" I quickly dragged Jaehyun and the box out of the room where they couldn't hear or see us. I made sure to keep my voice low just in case one of them got curious. "Try some advance magic." "I don't know..." "What has you hesitating?" "I just feel like someone will notice if I do. It's pretty strong stuff, depending on what you use."

I managed to convince him then watched as he tried a spell on it. It slowly started to open and a soft melody played. "Where's it coming from? I don't see a device..." I took a look as well and confirmed there was only a piece of paper. "It sounds familiar though...Is it a part of my past?" "Maybe. Let's ask them, Jae." We turned around and saw the grandson leaning against the wall. "What's in it?" "Just a piece of scribble." "Well that's anti-climatic." I looked at Jaehyun who had just lied through his teeth. "Say, has your family ever heard this tune before?" He closed it before opening it up again.

"Not that I know of. I know someone who could possibly shed light on it. I went to a place during the summer to learn music. Wasn't my forte." He wrote down where the person lived and added a signature to show in case they were curious as to who sent us. "Thanks a lot." "No problem. I hope you find what you're looking for." We left through the front door then looked at the note. "So they live in another place." I summoned a map then looked for the place. Thankfully it wasn't too far and wouldn't put strain on Jaehyun's wings. I turned around then saw Jaehyun shaking like a leaf in the wind. "Jae?" "It feels familiar yet I know nothing of it..."

I peered over his shoulder and saw what had him trembling. It was a burnt piece from what I assumed was a kid's drawing. "This is what has you shaking? Come on, it's just a piece of a doodle." I held him close then felt him pull away from me. "Don't touch me..." He walked away and I followed as to not lose sight of him. Cutie made her way up onto my shoulder and I could tell from her tone she was sporting the biggest grin. "I can't believe you just dismissed something that could be important as a simple doodle." She hopped off my shoulder then grew in size. "I wonder what'll happen if you mess up again." She looked at me once more with a grin before changing back to her smaller form. I looked at Gin who looked just as surprised as I was.

ㅣㅣㅣㅣㅣㅣㅣㅣ

We arrived in a desolate area then double checked to make sure no one could see us. "Ready to take flight, Jae?" He looked away from me as his back started to glow. "Don't bring out your wings. Let's wait until we get far from here. His back stopped glowing, but he still remained mute. "Jae, talk to me." He wrapped his arms around my neck wordlessly. "Did I really sound uncaring...?" I picked him up then took off. His silence was bothering me to the core. "Jae..." "Why don't you go home?" I couldn't believe my ears. "What?" "Why don't you go home?" "Jae."

"How could you say something like that?" "I could say the same thing to you." I bit my lip as I thought of an answer. "Exactly. If you aren't serious about this, then go. I want to know the truth and I'm not going to stop until I do." "I already told you, wherever you go, I go. I am serious about this because she said I'm not of this time period either. I can understand why you aren't, but me..." He looked around then motioned for me to let him materialize his wings.

I couldn't help but stare as the rainbow shimmer emitted off of them as the sun ray's caught them. "He really is beautiful like this..." "So, north right?" I snapped out of my daydream then nodded. I looked at Gin who shook his head then motioned forward. I frowned as Cutie looked disappointed. "Gin, keep an eye on her." "Roger." She wanted us separated, but for what reason? Was it the same reason as everyone else's?

ㅣㅣㅣㅣㅣㅣㅣㅣ

We took a break so Jaehyun could rest his wings. "Do you think it's a good idea to learn about ourselves?" "Why do you ask now?" He pulled away from me then faced me. "Think about it. No one around us said anything about it until we ventured off on our own and found out. And people have been trying to keep us apart for years. What about ourselves and past are we not allowed to know? Could it really be that dangerous?" He made a convincing argument. "Well, aren't you the one who said they wanted to 'learn the truth and won't stop until you do'?" "Yeah..." "So don't worry about whether it's a good idea or not. We can decide what we want to do with the information after we learn."

I internally sighed as he seemed to have revived a bit from my little pep talk. "Think you can manage the rest of the way, Jae?" He moved his wings then gave me a thumbs up. "Or you could carry me the rest of the way." I playfully hit his arm, but wasn't really objected to the idea. He took my hand in his then took off into the sky. "It's been a while since we held hands hasn't it?" "Well, with all of this running around, there really hasn't been any time." We then flew in the direction of our destination hand in hand.

"Hoon." "Hm?" "Promise me something." I looked at Jaehyun who kept his gaze straight ahead. "Don't ever let this hand go..." I stopped and caused him to stop as well. I pulled him in for a hug and buried my face into the nape of his neck. "I never planned to let go. Not even to save my own life." I pulled away then noticed a few peach feathers falling down. "Let's keep moving. The faster we learn, the better." I nodded then glanced back down at the now vanished feathers.