Immortal

Introduction.

I walked down the empty streets of London, my heels clicking on the freshly wet pavement. I desperately wished I would've taken my car, but I knew driving was a waste of gas when I was just going a few streets away from where I lived. I stayed at my friend's longer then I thought I would, and I now regretted it. It was cold, empty, and dark. I was scared ,someone would kidnap me, then I started thinking of all the bad things that would happen to me. I tend to do that in bad situations, that's one thing I hate about myself. I just can't help it.

As I passed an alley, I heard an echoing pair of footsteps behind me. I panicked, is someone following me? I turned quickly, seeing nothing but a few shops and an empty sidewalk. I raised my eyebrow in confusion, that was weird. I guess I was just hearing something. I shrugged, turning around and continuing down the sidewalk. A few seconds later, they were back. When I turned around, there was no one again. "Weird," I mumbled as I quickened my pace. My house was in my view now, and in a few seconds I'd be home safe.

- - - - -

"What? Someone was following you?" My friend Ryan asked at school the next day. I nodded, "Well, I think so. Every time I turned around, there was no one there. I heard footsteps though, I know I did." I explained so they didn't think I was crazy. "Maybe you thought you heard them, you did have a few beers at my place." My friend Courtney said. "I guess I did." I said, trying to just forget about it completely. The bell rang, signaling it was the end of the day. I sighed of relief as I hurried to my locker. I was quick to get to my car and drive down to where I work. It's a cute coffee shop inside a bookstore. It didn't pay much, but it was good enough.

I slid on my apron and name tag, going back behind the counter. I drummed my fingers against the counter, waiting for a customer. The bells on the door rang, and in walked a curly haired boy. He was cute, that's for sure. He looked familiar, but I couldn't think of his name. Luckily he looked around my age, but I'd probably never see him again outside of the coffee shop. "Can I have a vanilla coffee?" He asked, bringing me back to reality. I nodded, turning my back to him as I made the coffee. He gave me a smile as he paid, then walked off. I sighed, wishing I would've actually had a conversation with him.

________________

So,what do you think? :'D