6 ~ potion partners

This year you had potions with the Slytherins for some unknown reason. You didn't enjoy it. You hated Snape. You hated a few of the Slytherins. Not the best combination.

'I can't believe this.' You sighed.

'Can't believe what?' Luna asked.

'Potions with the Slytherins? Seriously?'

'At least we can work together. That's a good thing.' Luna smiled.

Luckily she was always positive. That was what you needed sometimes. You looked at Snape who was ready to start potions now.

'Because of the ministry's new policy, we have to switch up this years pairs. Both houses will be thrown together.'

You couldn't believe this. What prick did you have to work with? You didn't really want to do this. A list of names was passed through the class. When it finally got to you, you looked at it.

Y/N Y/L & Draco Malfoy

Of course. Of course it had to be him. Why wouldn't it be him? Why would Snape like you? You let out a sigh and got up. You passed on the list and walked towards Draco's table.

'What do you want?' He sneered.

'We're partners.' You sighed. 'So move.'

Draco sighed and moved over so he could make room for you. You sat down and put down your supplies.

'I can't believe this.' Draco sighed. 'You better get me to an outstanding. I'll know when you're messing up on purpose.'

'As long as you do something and not just sit around and let me do all the work.'

Draco wanted to say something but Snape already started talking. You listened and made notes. Draco was just staring at the recipe of the potions you were going to make.

After the explanations you got up to gather what you needed. Draco was just watching you, not doing anything. You put the supplies down and looked at Draco.

'Got off your lazy arse and help me.' You hissed.

Draco sighed and rolled his eyes. He got up and started on the potions. He added the first ingredient and stirred the potions.

He seemed to be enjoying it. For as far as you could see. His face wasn't as angry as it always looked. You added the next ingredient while he was stirring.

It was not often that you saw Draco enjoy something. Before you knew it, you had been staring at him for way to long.

'What?' Draco asked.

'Nothing.' You sighed.

You didn't even pay attention to what you grabbed you just wanted to stop the awkwardness you just created.

You just wanted to add the ingredient when someone grabbed your arm. You looked to your side and saw Draco. You looked at him in a bit of shock of his sudden action. For a second you two didn't speak.

'Get your filthy hands of me.' You hissed.

'You're adding the wrong thing. This potion could've exploded in your face.' He said while letting you go.

You put down the ingredient.

'It surprises me that you're bother by that. Aren't you the person that would love to see a potion explode in my face?'

'Yeah, sure. I'd love to see something melt away your entire face.' Draco sighed while rolling his eyes. 'Next time I won't help you anymore. I'm sorry I saved your face.'