Enlighten me

Enlighten me. Enlighten me on the emotions behind your forced smile. Enlighten me on how it feels when you see her beneath you. Enlighten me on how your heart aches when you wasted another part of yourself on someone who didn't love you. Enlighten the world on the reasoning you have your guard so high up you can't even feel the warmth of the sun on your skin. Enlighten me, the moon.

There will be experiences in this world you miss out on. There will be people you never get to meet, animals you'll never own, and cities you won't visit. But that doesn't make anything you experience in your life invalid. Everything in this world you come into contact with either emotionally, physically or even platonically has meaning. Learn from every experience and put your heart into everything you do. Make the smallest things become magical everytime you wake up in the morning. Do the most for yourself.   

  123 suicides happen daily. Don't let one be because of your choice of words. 

 But as you lay in bed at 3 am telling yourself it isn't true while memories fade in and out of things you want to forget, don't hide your pain, you deserve recognition like everyone you recognize. Cry loudly, punch, yell, don't let it retreat into your system, ignite every single flame in your body and put yourself back together, be patient with yourself.  

  The muffled cries from a broken woman will forever be a satisfying lullaby for a man who is filled with toxicity.  Walk away. 

  So leave your daughter, leave her to believe she was never worth the amount the drugs were. Leave her to sulk in the idea that she could never amount to the worth of your addiction. Leave her to find her worth through tear soaked eyes and broken mirrors. Leave because what other option is there?