☾4

from that point on, she's not just another face

happy valentine's day!
- - -

   Awsten laid his back against the couch, his eyes following the moving of the ceiling fan. The door opened and he didn't bother to move nor look who it was. "Baby." The voice said. That same voice who failed to keep its' promise, and the same voice that belonged to the person he didn't want to see.

He felt the couch dipped and a, rather cold, hand on his bearded cheek. "I'm sorry," She said, rubbing her thumb on his cheekbone. His eyes averted to hers, "There's nothing going on between me and Clayton." She tried to assure.

He scoffed, moving further away from her touch, "I think– I think it's better if we should stop whatever is happening between us," He said, boring holes into her head. Her face held mixed emotions– anger, sadness, and confusion –and she looked down to her lap, "What do you mean?" Her voice was small.

Awsten sighed, "I'm tired," "That's all you have to say? Really? You're tired?" She hissed and stood up, crossing her arms in front of her chest. "What do you think I feel throughout this relationship, huh?" She spat, glaring at him.

Awsten's tired eyes stared at her, watching her each movements as she threw a fit of rage in front of him. "Awsten! I am sick and tired of you!" She yelled, her eyebrows furrowing. Awsten lazily listen as she sighed, running a hand through her hair.

"All you do is complain and complain. You don't do anything for this relationship!" That hit a nerve for Awsten. He stood up, almost towering over her, "Oh! Now you say that to my face?" He scoffed, keeping a reasonable distance between them.

"This? This is bullshit?" He motioned his hands towards himself. "Fuck that! You're blaming me? Well, hate to burst your fucking bubble but look at it this way," He huffed, darting daggers towards her direction. "All I did was love and support you! I flew the country more than monthly for you! I made songs about you! I loved you!" He shouted, clenching his hands into fists.

"What did I do wrong, huh? Was it wrong for me to love?" His mind was conflicting with his own feelings. He looked around the room, his head was spinning, and then back to his ex lover. "All I wanted was for you to feel the same! For you to love me back!" "I do!"

"Then tell me why don't I feel it?" He exclaimed, stomping his foot on the floor. He panted as tears began stinging his eyes, "I'm done. We're done. It's over." He said, his voice almost cracking at the end. He passed by her, swiftly grabbing his car keys and coat as he dashed out the door.

He walked to his car, climbing in. As he slammed the door close, he broke down. His tears ran down his cheeks, he sobbed harshly. He started the car and drove to the beach.

When he got out of the car, he started to walk pass the bystanders with his head down. As he got further away from the crowd, he began to run. Using all the energy he had left, Awsten pushed himself to the edge of the beach.

Panting, he stood by the shore. His breathing was shallow and uneven, making it difficult for him to breath. He looked at the water, seeing the calming blue sea with the waves crashing against each other.

He screamed.

Out of anger and pain, he screamed to the sea. He cursed it with all the hate he had inside of him. The bottled up emotions were finally filling out of him.

He cried and fell to the sand, his knees brushing with the sea.

"Aws– Awsten!" He heard someone call out from afar, but he was too numb to look up. He heard something crash next to him, like a friction between the sand. Suddenly, he felt two arms around him and a head laying on his shoulder.

He was still sobbing and tears were still running down his cheeks. He turned to his side and he saw a glimpse of familiar (h/c)-colored hair. He relaxed in the touch around him and he, slowly, calmed down.

"Are you okay?" She asked, pulling away from her embrace. Awsten looked at her and saw the warmest pair of eyes that illuminated with the setting sun's orange glow. He shook his head, his throat burning up after he screamed out his emotions.

She sighed and wiped off his tears, "Hey, it's okay. Do you want me to hold you until you're fine?" That was all he ever wanted. He nodded and she opened her arms widely for him.

As he wrapped his arms around her, he buried his face on her shoulder and he sighed in relief.

"I think you saved my life."