Alana Mclaren

[Trigger warning, mentions of self harm]
Power: Shape Shifting, Telekinesis, telepathy, precognition, teleportation

Date: Monday, September 3rd (oh yeah we're going bAck in time sksks)

Time: 1:30 pm

Location: EHS Office

...

I tapped my feet on the floor as I waited for Ava to get to the school. I tapped my fingers together and looked around spastically.

The office door opened and I raised my head to look at whoever came in. It wasn't Ava. It was a short blonde lady with her hair in a bun and a work suit on. She had a blazer and a pencil shirt which, to be honest, didn't present her body well. She was a larger woman, so where the skirt ended, her legs protruded.

I looked back down at my fingers and bit my lip.

"You okay?" The office secretary asked me. I looked up at her but I couldn't speak. I just shrugged. She furrowed her eyebrows. "Do you need anything?" I shook my head.

The office door swung open again and there was Ava. She looked at me with a little smile. "Hey."

I stood up and ran to her. I wrapped my arms around her and sighed in relief. "There's so many memories."

"I know, I know." She brought me to the desk and signed me out. She was still in her work uniform, she worked at the bakery on mainstreet. She brought me to her car and I got in. "Anything in specific that triggered it?"

"Well, I met a new girl today, and her name is Kat which you can imagine..." I paused.

"Reminded you of Kitty." Ava nodded and stopped at a stoplight.

"And so I told her Kitty moved away." I bit my lip. "And then Riley freaked out because we had lied to the new girl and then her and I got into a fight and I, for some reason, brought up Quinn."

"Oh honey, I'm sorry." Ava turned the corner and placed her hand on mine, still keeping her eyes on the road. "It'll get better with time, I promise."

"I know, it's just so hard." I sniffled, a tear falling from my eyes. "I'm still not able to talk about Quinn without crying."

"You has that bond with him, and something terrible happened, there's no bringing any of them back." Ava's words felt gentle and kind, yet they cut like a knife.

"I know but..." I took a deep breath in. "I just can't help but think there's some way to make it okay."

"It will never be okay, you just have to be able to handle what it is." Ava nodded and removed her hand from mine. "You can't go back in time."

At that time, I stopped talking. I closed my eyes and more tears fell. I wiped them with my sleeve and looked at the trees passing out the window.

And then we were home. Ava parked the car and I got out. I rushed inside and up to my room, closing my door.

My bag fell to the floor and my body flopped on my bed, tears spilling from my eyes. I grabbed my pillow and squeezed it.

"There's no bringing them back." My lips trembled. "They're all gone."

I ran my fingers along my wrist, feeling all the scars. I hadn't cut since I got out of the hospital after my brain tumor. I looked at my wrist, I had scars there and on my thighs and ankles. I pressed my lips together and tucked my arm under my pillow.

My eyes got heavy and a began to drift into sleep. I didn't realize I had fallen asleep when I did.

And then all of a sudden I was at the clubhouse. But I wasn't really there. It felt like I was though. I was standing in the middle of the living room. I looked around, everything was dark and tinted in a purple hue with sparks of greens, yellows, and oranges darting around. I looked at the window, it was white.

I walked to the front door and stepped out. I expect to walked into a blank white world, but I was on the deck. The world went from purple to dark green like I had stepped through a portal. I looked at the stars and they stung my eyes. I later figured out that my eyes hurt from crying, but in the dream it was weird.

I heard a foot tapping and looked back down. There I saw Kitty, a plume of smoke floating with the wind.

"Kitty?" I walked like a girl in a horror movie. I reached to her and placed a hand in her shoulder. She began to disintegrate into air and float off like her cigarette smoke. "Kitty!?" I began to panic. I cried and wailed. "Kitty!"

"Danger!" I heard from behind me. I spun around to see Kitty behind me. "Don't trust everyone you meet." My mouth fell open as I tried to speak but I couldn't. Kitty placed her hands on my shoulders and shook me. "Alana!"

I began to cry. "What do you mean?" She shook me more and called my name. "Who are you talking about?"

"Alana-"

"-wake up!"

I opened my eyes and there was Ava in front of me. Her eyes were wide and terrifying. I was panting and shaking. Sweat had drenched the sheets and I felt something dripping from my nose.

"You were screaming and crying out for Kitty." Ava got off of me. "I was scared."

I sat up, my hair a wet, matted mess of sweat and tears. I reached up to my nose and touched below my nostril. I pulled my finger away and blood was covering the tip of it.  "I saw her." I didn't look at Ava. "She told me... she told me not to trust everyone I meet."

"Alana, you're being paranoid." Ava said. "It's school, it's putting those memories back in your head and messing with you."

"What if she's right?" I asked, a tear falling from my eye.

"Kitty is dead, she can't talk to you." Ava placed her hand on my knee. "Go take a shower, that will help you settle down. I'll wash your sheets while your in there."

I nodded and wiped the rest of the blood off my nose. I got out of my bed and grabbed shorts and a white shortsleeved crop top. It was tight and fit my body well. I grabbed long socks and took it all to the bathroom.

I turned on the water of the bathtub and then switched it to shower. I took my clothes off and stepped in. I let the water soak into my hair and bead down my back.

My legs wobbled and began to shake. I sat down on the floor of the bathtub. I closed my eyes and look a deep breath in. My foot slipped and all of a sudden I was thrown into a vision.

I saw myself walking on the football field, Riley in front of me. She looked terrified, but of what? Of me?

"Please Alana, don't hurt me..." she cried.

And yet I did. I threw her back with my mind and she slid across the grass. She put her hands up defensively and whimpered.

I wanted to stop it so bad but I couldn't... I couldn't control myself.

The look on my face wasn't me. It was something else. The vision felt like bricks eating down on me.

I shot up, gasping for air. My hands clasped over my mouth and water was beating against my head and running down my face. I slid my hands up to my head, wiping the water away and pushing my bangs up.

"Am I going to do that?" My mouth was shaking I thought I was gonna cry again.

I was too scared to wash my hair so I turned the water off and stepped out of the shower. I got out and grabbed a towel. I scrubbed at my body until a burned. I grabbed my bath robe, not even caring to change into anything and walked straight into my room.

I began pacing back and fourth until it seemed like my feet had eroded holes in the carpet. Then the doorbell rang. Noah.

I stood in place, staring right at the door.

I heard his footsteps get closer to my door and he knocked lightly.

I rushed to the door and opened it. He saw my face and furrowed his eyebrows. "W-What's wrong?"

I took a deep breath in. "I saw something."

...

Two chapters in a dayyyy yayyy!! I'm home sick so I have a lot of free time today so enjoy this sksk