VIII• Fight

'This spell is actually pretty useful,' Kristen hummed during one of their transformation classes. 'Someone's annoying you? Simply turn them to stone!'

Cecilia chuckled in amusement. 'Not sure if that would be the best solution,' Her eyes rolled. 'Duro!' She tapped the top of the goblet on her desk, satisfied when it turned to stone.

Kristen shrugged her shoulders, a guilty smile on her pink lips. 'Desperate times call for desperate measures.'

Cecilia shook her head in amusement at her friend. Looking at the clock at the top of the room, Cecilia began packing away her things since the class would be ending soon. As expected, the bell sounded a mere 5 minutes later.

'I do hope they have Mac & cheese for lunch,' Kristen hummed as they walked towards the Great Hall. 'I could really go for some right now.'

Cecilia smiled. 'Then we'd better hurry so you can grab a huge bowlful!'

Kristen mocked an overdramatic excitement before bursting into laughter along with Cecilia. The two had just entered the entrance hall when a figure stepped out in front of them. A girl.

The stranger was tall and tanned; her hair was bleach blonde and hung just above her shoulders. Her arms were folded across her chest, her left hip titled upwards. Cecilia took this information in like a breath of air. It took her a little longer to get over the frown and Slytherin tie the girl wore.

'Cecilia Gryffindor.' The Slytherin stated, her green eyes shooting daggers. Cecilia raised her eyebrows and shared a look with Kristen, who was equally as confused.

The girl mustn't have liked this as her lip began to curl as she began speaking again. 'I've heard rumors that you've landed yourself a date with a Slytherin,' She tilted her head in a mocking way. 'I've just come to tell you to stay in your own house. Go shag some stupid Gryffindor. It's what you do best.'

Cecilia's mouth dropped open for a split second before closing again. She clenched her teeth as her face darkened, pure anger running through her veins. 'Excuse me?' She spat. 'Say that again. I dare you.'

The Slytherin girl had a satisfied smirk on her lips; her eyes were lit up in a cruel excitement. 'You're a slut. Why go on a date when you can hop into bed with one of your Gryffindor buddies?'

Cecilia had pulled out her wand so quickly, it was as if it was always in her hand. Her nails dug into the Ash wood as she struggled to keep her arm steady, her anger causing her body to vibrate. The Slytherin had also taken out her wand and was twirling it between her fingers.

'Turn this bitch to stone!' Kristen hissed into Cecilia's ear. That single sentence was the fuel to the fire burning within Cecilia.

She was about to unleash her magic when a hand gripped onto her ally's shoulder.

'Hey Kimberly.' Regulus Black had appeared out of thin air. 'What are you doing?'

'Just putting a worthless Gryffindor back in her place.' She replied, not even looking at him. 'The usual.'

Regulus looked calm. His grey eyes were locked onto Kimberly, slight jealously mixing with Cecilia's anger.

'I don't-'

'Leave it Black.' Cecilia said spitefully, ignoring the flash of hurt flying across Regulus' face. Her voice had begun to shake due to fury. 'I wanna see if this blonde bimbo is all bark and no bite.'

'I'll gladly show you.' Kimberly raised her wand higher, a challenging look on her face.

Before any spells could be casted, Regulus had jumped in between the two girls and gripped onto Cecilia's forearms. He pulled her away from the scene before she could register what was going on.

'What are you doing?!' Cecilia cried irritably once they were out of Kimberly's sight. 'I wanted to kick her ass!'

'You wouldn't have been able to!' Regulus exclaimed absentmindedly. After noticing Cecilia's offended look, he corrected himself. 'Kimberly is a great witch. I've seen her duel and you wouldn't have been able to compete with her.'

Cecilia took her arms out of Regulus' grip harshly. 'Have you ever seen me duel!' She asked rudely, knowing fully well she was horrific at Defence Against the Dark Arts.

Regulus looked taken aback. 'Well, no.'

'Then you shouldn't assume I can't fight for myself!'

'Okay, I'm sorry,' Regulus sighed. 'I was just wanted to keep you safe! Stop you from getting hurt!'

'Well I don't need you to keep me safe!' Cecilia proclaimed, regretting it as soon as she said it.

They both fell silent after that, simply facing each other with their heavy breaths filling the silence weighing down on them. It was Cecilia who broke their little stare-off.

Without saying a word, she turned and walked away from him, trying to show confidence through her walk. After a few long strides, Cecilia allowed herself to look back; Her breathing became difficult when Regulus was no where to be seen.

She turned, taking a deep breath and walking into the Great Hall, where she assumed Kristen would be.

That was her and Regulus' first fight, and their second conversation.