9-Drunk in love

Dianne's POV:

Staying at Amy's house, out of contact from Joe, is harder than I thought it would be. Whilst we are busy preparing various dances, my mind just keeps wandering to what Joe is doing at this second. I need to stop. He'll think I'm an obsessive girlfriend. As if he knows, he's dropped a text.
I know we're supposed to be having a 'break' from each other, but I want you to know I love you and I don't want to be alone any longer. Can you move in again please by tomorrow? I love you Dianne xxx
Is he drunk? Although, his message is spelt correctly for the most part, the words that spill onto my phone feels like a drunk Joe text. I drop Zoe a message before replying.
Hey Zoe, I know this is random but is joe drunk? He just sent me this massive message about how much he loves me and I'm a bit confused since you know what's been going on xx
Almost instantly I get a reply.
He's out with Byron tonight. I'm coming to see him tomorrow, I'll pop into wherever you're staying before though and examine the message if you want. Then I'll see how much he remembers of it xx
Zoe is the best. She does so much for our relationship and I still don't understand how she has the energy.

I'm patiently waiting for Zoe to arrive at Amy's house, being happy to introduce my potential future sister-in-law to my best friend. There's a knock on the door, but instead it's Chloe who I feel like I haven't seen in forever.
"Hey Chloe!" I practically scream at her as she's bombarded by a group hug.
"Surprise!" Both of the girls say.
"So Dianne, we know you've had a lot going on and we wanted to have a little girls night tonight." I nod, eagerly, forgetting all about Zoe for a second.
The door knocks again minutes later, the other girls visibly confused.
"Room for one more?" I ask, wincing a little at my forgetfulness.
"Answer the door then!" Amy and Chloe laugh.

We've finished introducing Zoe to everyone when I realise that she fits right in.
"I feel a little bit starstruck." Amy jokes, like when she did with Joe because she'd no clue who he was really.
"But I actually know who you are. Still don't know how I didn't know your brother." She giggles, reminiscing about the first time we all met the celebrities for 2018.
"Well, your life is dance and you are incredible at it so I wouldn't be offended if you didn't know who I was." Chloe chimes in at this point.
"How can we not? Our best friend is dating your brother and I mean the girl can talk for the Uk and Australia." I blush, hoping I don't look too embarrassed.
"So, in no means to be rude, what brings you here Zoe?" She smiles at Amy, finally remembering why she's made a pit stop before Joe's.
"Dianne got a message from Joe last night and usually I can tell if he's drunk by what he's put."
"I just don't want to rush anything if it isn't what I think." I explain.
"Okay lets see it."

The girls tease me for a little while, saying things like Joe must be drunk in love, but I still don't know. Maybe it's just self-doubt or maybe it's more. Either way, I need help.

I've been anxious ever since Zoe left to go to Joe's. It isn't Chloe or Amy's fault, but right now I just wish I could be alone. Sensing my emotions, Amy takes my hand and reassures me that it will be okay. Somehow though, I doubt it. Deciding I can't wait to hear anything any longer, I lock myself in the bathroom and take a look at Joe's Instagram stories. Mostly, it's him having a good time with Byron. But I notice something in one of the stories. There's a woman behind him, gazing at him from afar. I wonder if he realised. What if he was too drunk to process and he just went for it with her? Why am I not good enough? The universe clearly wants us apart and just as I'm typing a message to Zoe, Joe's name pops up on my screen.
I don't regret anything x
I send a cryptic reply back, not caring if I sound psycho.
I've no idea who she is. Have you listened to the audio of the clip? If you haven't, I need you to xx
I sheepishly go back to his page and listen to the audio. By the end of it, I'm sobbing.

A/N: So even though I'm ill, I wanted to get this up because you guys are literally the best! All my fanfictions that I've wrote fairly recently are ranking and I've hit 2k on both All We'll Ever Be And One Song!

Thank you all so so much for the support, I honestly can't believe how lucky I am.
Bye loves, see you soon x