When Wolves Descend (Chapter 7)

***Special Thanks to the website http://www.manataka.org/page236.html#WOLF for there wonderful info =D***  

When Wolves Descend

Written By: Cara Davis

Chapter 7

When I got inside I looked at the clock on the mantel and noticed it was 10:30pm.

"Where the hell did the time go?" I said aloud.

"Hey you're back early." Sam said walking into the living room.

"No actually I'm not." I said while plopping myself down on the couch.

"Why the bad mood?" Sam asked while sitting next to me.

"It's a long story." I said with a sigh.

"Well I got time." Sam said while leaning forward to look me in the eye.

I told him the whole story of my date gone wrong, then of my seemingly wonderful time with Peter, and last but certainly not least I told him about the black wolf.

"Hmm... Well sounds like you had a good date." He said sarcastically.

"I know right? Guys just suck." I said sadly.

"Hey!" Sam raised his eyebrows at me.

"Even you loser!" I said while pushing his forehead and getting up from the couch.

"You're not very nice!" He said jokingly with a smile.

"Yea, but you love me. Goodnight bro." I said with a smirk.

"Yea, yea... Goodnight."He said with a chuckle.

I walked down the hall, and before I passed my mom's room I peered in and told her goodnight.

I went to the bathroom and washed my face clean of makeup, and decided I would just go to bed. So I went to my room and threw on my pajamas. I jumped onto my bed and lay there on top of the covers for a while just thinking over the day.

I can't believe the wolf appeared again. Was it just coincidence? Or was he following me? I guess I'll never know for sure.

I climbed under the covers and stared at the ceiling until I fell asleep.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

"Sandy?" A voice thought I knew said from behind me. I couldn't quite put my finger on it though.

I opened my eyes and saw the misty forest of my dreams. I turned around to where I had heard the voice and, of course, saw the black wolf.

"Again?... Geez Bob, gimme a break would ya?" I said to the black wolf I just named Bob.

"Bob? I do not understand. I know of no one named 'Bob'." The black wolf said to me, telepathically of course.

"You're name is Bob! Duh!"

"No it is not." He replied somewhat angrily.

"Well you don't have a name so I gave you one. Be grateful would ya? You're just a figment of my imagination anyways." I told him.

"Maybe if you were not so ignorant, and had just asked my name, I would have told you." The wolf said smugly.

"Wait... So you do have a name?" I asked confused.

The black wolf nodded.

"Okay, well what is it?" I said impatiently.

"It is Askuwheteau." He said simply.