Rather Unexpected

When I arrived, there were no customers yet, but some of the staffs were already there cleaning up the place. I saw Landice, the manager, in front of the counter. I wanted to call him Kuya or Sir but he didn't like it therefore I would call him Landice or sometimes with his full name when I wanted to get his attention.

"Good morning Mr. Landice Imperial," I greeted him with a wide smile.

"Morning, Miss Rayne Mendez, you're early?" he retorted with a hint of surprise in his voice.

"Don't want to miss my first job!" I energetically replied.

"That's the spirit! We'll just wait for the other part timer and were good to open. In the mean time, I'll teach you how to use the cash register and prepare the orders.

I nodded. "Come over here" he led me to the back of the counter.

"Okie dokie" I followed and stood beside him.

A few minutes later, our mini tutorial was cut off when the door swung open.

The new part timer perhaps? I was about to ask Landice but, he was already approaching the tall lean figure standing in the entrance. "I guess that guy is indeed the part timer." I uttered.

I don't know, but when I saw him, I think I felt sad all of a sudden. Strange.

I can't see his full features clearly but, I could tell he is handsome. OMG did I just say handsome? Okay that was not me. lalala.

But, something about him made me feel weird inside. It was as if I knew him yet I didn't at the same time. He seemed awfully familiar and I was jumbling my memories for at least a name I didn't realize Landice was already calling me.

"Rayne!," he motioned me to come nearer.

"Oh, sorry coming," My eyes were fixated to the guy earlier. Seeing his features much closer now, my body felt a struck of lightning. No way. He resembled him. He resembled him a lot. This guy has sleek hair, fair pointed nose, luscious lips, and deep set of black orbs.

He definitely looked like him but, that's impossible! I'm certain that he had already gone to Canada! I was again interrupted from being completely lost in my reverie when Landice spoke.

"So, I'll leave him to you Rayne, I hope you get along with each other," he then proceeded to his office before I could even utter a reply.

Silence descended between us and awkwardness filled the atmosphere.

"Uhmm...Hi, I'm Rayne part time cashier. I'll be working with you from now on!," I began trying to sound energetic while extending my hand for a handshake.

"Umm... It will be a pleasure to work with you," he said as he reached for my hand.

Gosh! His hand was so smooth yet, it sends tiny bolts of electricity that tickles every inch of me and his long delicate fingers seemed to perfectly fit mine. This meeting was nostalgic just like when I held hands for the very first time with that person. Ugh. What I'm a thinking?!

"Ehem, my hand?" he pulled me back to reality.

"Oh sorry," I let out a small chuckle to hide my embarrassment. I think my face is as red as ripe tomatoes. Luckily, he didn't realize it since he already went to the counter. But, before I could turn my back to follow him, I felt someone's breath near my left ear. It whispered words which shook my whole world.

"And by the way I missed you, Ren-ren".

No way. Only one person would call me that---him. This is not happening! Ughh my head is splitting apart. Impossible!