Chapter 5

A/N: Kind of a longer chapter, but I hope you all like it! I don't have much to say for this author's note, so... On with the chapter!

Disclaimer: I, of course, don't own the Vampire Diaries. Never have, never will. I'm just playing around with the story!

-TNOF-

"So, I hear you're off the wagon," Sofia says, smirking as she walks into the boarding house. She catches Stefan as he's going up the stairs to his bedroom. He freezes, and turns around, looking at her blankly.

"Where did you hear that?" he asks.

"Word gets around," she says. He raises an eyebrow. "Elena told me," she says.

"Of course she did," Stefan mutters.

"She's just worried about you," Sofia says, frowning a bit.

"There's nothing to worry about. I have it under control," Stefan says, glaring at her.

"Oh, yeah. Clearly. Your attitude speaks for itself," Sofia says, sarcastically. Stefan rolls his eyes, and looks at her. "She also told me about what happened at Pearl's with the tomb vampires. How are you doing?"

"I'm fine," Stefan says, and Sofia narrows her eyes at him.

"You know, asking for help doesn't make you weak," she says, frowning at him.

"I don't need help. I said I'm fine, Sofia. So I had human blood. So what? I have it under control," Stefan says, turning around and going up the stairs.

"Whatever you say, Stefan. Whatever you say," Sofia says. "You have my number. Give me a call when you wise up," she calls to him, and quickly leaves the house.

-TNOF-

Sofia stands outside the unfamiliar house, and knocks on the door. A dark skinned man opens the door and smiles at her.

"Yes?" he asks.

"Hi, I'm here to see Pearl," Sofia says, smiling back at him.

"Just a moment, I'll go fetch her for you," he says.

"No need, Harper. Thank you though," Pearl says, appearing behind him.

"Miss Pearl," he says, nodding his head to her, and walking away.

"Sofia," Pearl says, with a smile, and embracing the smaller vampire.

"Good to see you not desiccated, Pearl," Sofia says.

"Well, come in," Pearl says, and Sofia steps inside the house.

"No human?" Sofia asks.

"There was, but unfortunately she was killed a couple of days ago," Pearl says, leading Sofia into the kitchen. "Blood bag?"

"Please," Sofia nods, sitting down at the table. "Where's Anna?"

"Annabelle is in school," Pearl says, handing Sofia a wine glass filled with blood.

"Wow, school?" Sofia asks.

"She wants to stay, and act like a normal teenager," Pearl says, smiling a bit.

"She deserves it. She's a good kid," Sofia says.

"Yes, she is," Pearl says.

"So, I heard about what happened here with Stefan," Sofia says, sipping the blood.

"That has been taken care of," Pearl says. "The vampires that escaped from the tomb have left. It's just Harper, Annabelle, and I here now."

"Good. Good," Sofia mutters. "Hopefully they won't cause anymore problems around here."