twenty four

filled with beautiful people
I need a night of provocation

filled with beautiful peopleI need a night of provocation

The lights around us seemed to dance. It was heaven, almost, people didn't stare, everyone laughed, everyone was a little bit crazy.

"You'll get more used to it as we go along," Seulgi purred in my ear, her breath tickling my skin. Her hand stayed at the small of my back, barely touching it, but an invisible force seemed to connect me to her.

I looked around, marvelling at the toxic beauty of it all. "Why have you brought me here?"

She smirked against my neck. "Into the thick of things, hm?" She mused aloud. "Well, it seems as if this is just what you need."

Again, I closed my eyes and breathed her in, all of her sweet and smoke and burned rubber.

"What do you think goes on behind closed doors?" She whispered, voice sweet and seductive in my ear. "Who do you think, out of all of us, has the most bloody hands?"

I shook my head.

"I don't know, either," she said. "No one does, not even the one who is the person in question. Because everyone is secretive, every achievement is hidden. You're the only one who could be proud of what you have done, the only one guilty of the heart you have ripped in two."

Ripped in two. What if a heart was ripped in more than two?

She spun me, and the lights shone and twinkled like stars. Her forehead was against mine, her nose just touching the tip of mine, her beautiful eyes, slanting to an end, staring into mine.

"Everyone here is notorious for something, Y/N, no one is a good person." Maybe her earlier speech had been to prepare me, because her words didn't cut as deep as they could have. "Don't believe sweet smiles. They may be nice, but the core is rotten."

"I know that, and yet," I breathed out. Maybe the extent to which this was true wasn't what she might expect, but I did. And for the first time, instead of considering myself better off oblivious, I wanted to know more. "Tell me."

Her voice lifted into a higher pitch, a delighted laugh, and she pressed her body against me, hot in some places and cold in some. "Tell you what?"

"Everything," I said. My voice was becoming breather and lighter, as if I was losing control over myself. The atmosphere had so much smoke, so many drugs, that I wondered whether the effect was as potent as to incapacitate even a bystander like myself.

Seulgi smiled at me, a wicked smile. "Whom should I start with, hm?" Her finger traced the line of my jaw, the bridge of my nose. "Baekhyun with his enigmatic persona, his unknown origins, his doubtful loyalties? About how he always delivers without questions without complaint?" Her tone was playful, and I bit my lip at the feeling of it slithering over my skin. "Maybe, since he seems so much like you in that respect."