Chapter 8

Peter didn't answer Christina's calls that night

Peter didn't answer Christina's calls that night. And when she waited for him outside his apartment like she always did, he never came out. Or he had left early to avoid the girl. She tried calling him after school, too. But then he didn't answer, so she didn't call him for the rest of the day,all she did was sent a message saying:

Peter,I'm sorry.I never wanted to hurt your feelings.Please call me.

He didn't answer her text but she know he saw it. Peter was always on his phone waiting to get a text or call from Tony or Happy, so she knew he was ignoring her. The third day Christina decided to go by his apartment and get him to talk to her. He couldn't avoid her forever, that's what she thought. Christina didn't want him to be upset anymore. She wanted everything to go back to how it was. And he couldn't be that upset...could he?
She walked up to the door and knocked three times before May opened it. She gave the teen a smile and immediately opened the door for her. Christina looked around for any sign of the brown haired boy before saying,

"Hey, May. Um,can I talk to Peter. Its really important." May saw the look of urgency on the blonde's face but frowned and tucked her hair behind her ear "He's in D.C for the decathlon. I thought you knew that, I mean I assume he would've told you." She furrowed her eyebrows at the girl and Christina did the same. Peter has told her he quit decathlon. Why would he be in D.C?

"Wait, So you like.. you dropped him off and everything? Saw him get on the bus too?" May nodded her head and leaned up against the couch "Yeah, I even got a text from the advisor saying he got Peter and he's accounted for. Is everything okay with you two? I mean Peter seemed a little off these couple a days and I tried to mention you but he just got weird with me. Did something happened?" Christina admired May and how she always wanted to make sure Peter was okay and wanted to be there for him. She may have been his aunt but she was definitely a mother. And Christina wondered what that would be like. Sure she Saphira, but she wasn't anything like May Parker. May didn't have to spend every waking moment making sure Peter wasn't doing something stupid to get himself in harms way. Then again, if she did find out,she they wouldn't be much different in that sense. Saphira cared for Christina, the girl knew that but it was different. It was different for them, it would always be different.

"We just got into a little disagreement, is all. I should get going,thank you though for telling me. I'll see myself out, bye May." Christina gave her a tight smile before opening the door and closing it once she had stepped out.

The princess didn't understand why Peter suddenly decided he wanted to go to D.C for the Decathlon. He told her not even a week ago that he had quit because he needed more time for Spider-Man and to be ready if Tony needed him. It didn't make sense. Not until Christina was half way home and the more she thought about it the more she realized he still had a piece of alien technology. Peter would never leave New York, not if it wasn't Spider related. And now he was obsessed with catching the Vulture and all that high tech weapons. Would Peter seriously leave the state to chase down some bad guys? Does he not know how dangerous those weapons could be?