14. Slips

*Jerome's POV*

I step off the bus and head for class.

I see Mitch walking down the hallway and tell his name.

"Mitch! Yo Biggums!"

We've developed a good friendship over the past few weeks.

We're now best friends. Still kinda saddens me because that's probably the closest kind of relationship we will ever get to be.

He turned around and waved at me.

"Come on!" He mouthed as he used his hand to signal me over.

I fast walked and weaved in and out of people that were walking the through the hallways.

By the one I got over to Mitch we were already almost at our classroom.

We walked and chatted about the field trip a little more before we turned to walk into the classroom doorway.

Everyone was talking, some were putting their backpacks away, and lunch boxes.

Mitch and I went to our assigned seats and sat down.

"Ok class! I know you guys have been really excited about this camping event so... You get your permission slips today!"

The class cheered and whooped.

"Quiet down a bit guys." Mrs. Smith said as she used her right hand to make a quiet signal.

"All the information you need is on that sheet if paper. You need to get your parents to sign it and turn it in by Friday. I'll hand them out at the end of the school day."

Tons of 'awes' and 'boos' came from the class.

"At least you get them." Mrs. Smith said in a playful tone as she walked to her desk.

"Now, look on the board and complete your warmup."

I looked up at the board and started getting my notebook and pencil.

SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING

School has already started and this year I'm in middle/junior high.

It's like... 10:45?

Dunno. But all I know is that I'm supposed to be asleep.

Shhhhhh c:<