Braces / Niall-Centric

Louis: 18
Liam: 17
Zayn: 17
Harry: 16
Niall: 13

Third Person Pov~

It was the day all the boy dreaded, especially Niall. The poor boy had to get his braces tightened which would leave him in pain for the next few days.

When the band first formed management decided since Niall was still young and they'd be in the spotlight a lot Niall had to get braces to fix his teeth since they weren't perfectly straight. The boys thought Niall was sure enough already and didn't need it, plus knew he wouldn't like it but the final decision wasn't up to them, it was up to their managers.

"Niall, come on. We gotta go bud." Harry said knocking on the locked door. There was so sound from the other side.

"Watch out haz," Louis said when Niall didn't come. "Ni, come on bug, we're gonna be late. It'll be okay, we'll be there with you." Louis spoke more softly. Still nothing. Zayn and Liam were going to kill them. They heard footsteps coming upstairs, Liam.

"Oh shoo, you two suck." He said quietly. "Hey Ni, love, its me Li. Can you come out for me, it'll be quick. We'll stay with you the whole time then when we get home we can cuddle and have soup or ice cream. How's that sound? The quicker you come the quicker we can get there and back love." Suddenly the door opened and Niall walked out. He had a hoodie and jeans on and his hair was resting on his head all fluffy as usual. "Okay come on love," Niall followed Liam down the stairs and out to the car. He slid in the back between Harry and Louis. Zayn sat in the passenger seat already and Liam was driving.

When they arrived Louis signed Niall in and they called for him, "Who's coming along today?" The orthodontist smiled, she knew we came every month and each time one of the boys was allowed to go back. "Zee." Niall replied. Zayn followed Niall and the woman to a chair where Niall was sat down and the lady left again. He started getting all fidgety. Zayn took his hand, "Calm down bud you're alright, I'm right here. Squeeze my hand if you need to." Niall nodded and started to sit back and relax, not letting go of Zayn's hand.

The lady came back and leaned back the chair and then soon started to tighten the braces. Niall whimpered and squeezed Zayn's hand tight many times as Zayn gently ran his other hand up and down Niall's leg in hopes of calming him down a bit.

Eventually they were done and Niall became mute. Before they walked out to where the other boys were Niall grabbed Zayn's hand. They walked over and the others stood up, "Ready to go bud?" Louis asked ruffling Niall's soft blonde hair. Niall nodded and they walked out to the car. Zayn was about to go to the front seat but Niall whimpered. "You want me to stay with you love?" Zayn asked. Niall nodded his head yes again. Harry went and sat up front while Zayn climbed in the back of the car. He took Niall's head and placed it in his lap then started to run his fibbers through Niall's hair. "We'll get you some pain pills when we're home, then some ice and soup alright?" Louis said sliding over and rubbing the almost sleeping boys leg. Niall nodded before drifting off.

"I hate that he has to go through this every week." Zayn said as Niall fell asleep in his arms.

"Me too, it's horrible, poor thing is always in so much pain and he didn't even want them." Louis added.

"I think he was just as cute without them, it shouldn't matter what his teeth look like. Niall is Niall and he's just a little Irish kid who likes to have fun not have to worry about when he'll be in pain again." Harry said looking at Niall as he slept on Zayn, admiring how cute he was.

"Our poor snowflake, like you said Haz. It sucks they made him get them he can't even be a normal kid for a week, once every month. It's crazy." Liam said as he pulled in the driveway of their home.

Zayn picked up Niall heading into the house. He went up the stairs, past Niall's room and into his own. He laid Niall down on the bed and took off his clothes. He replaced them with one of his hoodies, which was extremely big on Niall, and some calf high socks. He looked cute if you were to ask Zayn.

Zayn laid down on the bed and put Niall in between his legs and put Niall's head on his stomach. Niall's eyes slowly opened. "Hey sweetheart." Zayn smiled down at him. Niall gave a small smile back. "How about a movies, hm?" Zayn asked turning on the tv with the remote and opening Netflix as Niall nodded yes. "What movie bub?" Zayn asked the boy. He just shrugged. "How about..." Zayn started as he tried to find a good movie. "Trolls?" They has seen the movie before but both loved it. Niall nodded cuddling more into Zayn as the trailers started.

"Hey bud, soup or ice cream?" Liam said popping into the room. Niall thought and then realized his gums felt like they were on fire. "Ice cream." He said gently. Liam nodded and walked out coming back with a bowl and handing it to him. "Slow Ni." He said sitting down on the bed next to Zayn and the boy.

Niall slowly ate his ice cream and by the time we was finishing Louis and Harry came in. Louis was holding an ice pack and Harry had pain medicine and water. They set all the stuff on the bedside table and crawled in. Louis was sitting next to Liam, Harry on the other side of the bed next to Zayn and Niall. It was crowded but the boys were okay with it. Harry picked up the medicine. "It's pills Ni, you gonna be okay?" Niall nodded as Zayn took the bottle from Harry and handed Niall one and a glass of water. He swallowed it and then Harry took the items before holding an ice pack to Niall's cheek as Zayn's hand massaged the gums on the other side. After a little while Liam was given the ice pack to hold to Niall's cheek while Zayn massaged the other side of his face. Niall slowly drifted off laying on Zayn as the movie came to an end.

No matter how painful the braces were Niall knew he had his band mates to make him feel better and that's all that mattered.