~@zanthenewt

Meet Kay, known to you guys as @zanthenewt --- Fan-Fiction winner in the 2018 Winter Rose Awards

Meet Kay, known to you guys as @zanthenewt --- Fan-Fiction winner in the 2018 Winter Rose Awards. Even though we've never officially held a solid conversation, she's quite nice --- based on what I've observed for the last year following her. She also has her own monthly awards Blue Rose Awards, you guys should check it some time because I'm proud to say I'm a former winner of the award.

With a 5/10 profile rating, Kay took the time out for an interview with MM and it went down like this.

********

▪How were introduced to Wattpad?

How were introduced to Wattpad?

My friend knew I wanted to be an author. She was on Wattpad and after much persuasion, I decided to give it a try. She has since moved to Archive of Our Own, but I owe her for what's been one of the best decisions of my life. I can't imagine leaving the Wattpad Community.

Are you a morning or afternoon person?

Afternoon. I want to stay up late since night is generally my prime writing time, then sleep in until noon.

What're the top three things you can never say no to?

Helping an animal in need. My parents are veterinarians, so I grew up surrounded by animals.

Making a reference to one of my many fandoms. Whether books, musicals, or TV shows, I'm a major fangirl.

Watching or listening to a musical. Broadway is one of my passions just as much as writing.

Which of the genres do you prefer to write, Science-Fiction or Fan-Fiction and why?

Honestly, fantasy is my favorite. I don't generally write either of the genres I've placed in. Crown of Thorns is a fantasy novel that happens to take place almost 2500 years before the events of a published work. I don't particularly like writing fan fiction, but the idea wouldn't stop nagging at me. That's why my one rule with fan fiction is to never alter the canon material. It's always what could happen outside what actually did happen. I have several fantasy ideas in the works, but I don't want to begin them until I've finished the Crown of Thorns trilogy.