{8}

Emrys Belle:

I drove off after my time with Damon. It was really weird that he came over to my place, but a good kind of weird. It felt nice having such a gorgeous man in my home but I was still wary.

The last man I was with was Aj's father and I do not want to fall down that road again where I was a young and naive girl that fell madly in love too fast and ended up with nothing but a broken heart.

I felt a lot better than when I had first came home and that was thanks to Damon. His warm brown eyes with hazel specks, the smile at the corner of his lips when he spoke about taking me out on a date.

I found myself smiling to myself just at the thought of going back out in the dating field. I got out of my car and walked towards the daycare. I walked past the double doors and signed in at the desk so that I could pick up Aj.

I walked into the 'pick up' room where us parents well, pick up our kids. It's a lot safer than letting our children just walk out and be snatched away by anyone and the signing up at the desk is an extra security measure.

I chatted a little with the other mums there until our little ones came out. Aj ran straight to me, his bag bouncing on his back at each step.

"Mummy!" he yelled and jumped into my arms.

"Hello, my baby." I started kissing every inch of his face making him giggle.

I love that sound.

I signed the both of us out and walked back to the car. I drove the little and me home and started making dinner when my phone started ringing making me jump.

Aj was in the living room playing with his cars making little noises. I picked up the phone seeing that I did not know the number that was calling.

"Hello?" I questioned placing the phone between my shoulder and cheek and continued chopping the carrots.

"Emrys? It's Damon." his deep voice sounded at the other end.

"Why are you calling," I asked changing the phone from side and looking over my shoulder to see if Aj was still ok.

"For two things. The first is I got you a job."

Once he spoke those words I dropped the knife I was using and started squealing and jumping up and down.

"Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!" I repeated over and over again in the phone.

"You are more than welcome. I think you will love this new position. It's a lot better than the last one you had and you will have a lot more responsibility. But there's something else too." there was amusement in his tone.

"What? What is it? Oh no is it something bad? It's something bad, isn't it? Oh, I knew this was too good to be true." I ranted.

"Emrys. Emrys. Emrys" he repeated.

"I knew this was not going to be that easy." I continued to rant.

"Baby girl, stop talking." he voice was authoritative and shut me up straight away.

"Ok." I squeaked out.

"You will be head of a department, I have already called up the university and have arranged for your tuition to be paid off as well as Aj's daycare." he continued leaving me speechless.

"You did all that? That's too much Damon. I would have been just as happy with a minor position. I don't know what to say." I sat down at the table and kept my eyes on Aj.