Part 3 - Friends Request

Manga: Ten Count. Definitely recommend! ⬆️

Lunch...

"So Neko, where did you transfer from?" a girl asked from one side of Neko.

Neko turned his head her way while his body stayed awkwardly stiff, hands locked together under the table. 

"Oh, I moved here from the city. My school closed down, so I had to transfer here," he answered a little nervously.

"I see," a girl the other side of him returned, making him turn his head to his other side.

"Oooh, why did it shut down??" another girl asked, jumping in, making Neko turn his head the other way again.

"Well-" Neko went to say.

"Sure ya didn't get kicked out?" some guy smirked, leaning on the table, the other side of where Neko was previously looking.

"Oh, don't be a jerk, Toto," a girl pushed him off, taking his spot in the conversation.

"Ah-" Neko panicked, wanting to make sure the guy was ok.

"You're the jerk, Hisoka! Did you guys see that? Hiso assulted me!!" Toto overreacted as if were a toddler. 

"Did you have to move house too? If you live close by, we should totally hang out outside of school! I'd love to go to Karaoke with you!" the first girl suggested, making Neko glimpse in her direction again.

"Ah- mayb--" Neko was interrupted.

"Omg yes!" a girl the other side of the table jumped in, hands slaming on the table in excitement.

"We were supposed to go last Friday, Lola, but someone was busy!" a girl beside Lola sulked. 

"You're still salty about that, Kay?" Lola returned.

"We should all go together! Who's free this weekend??" the first girl asked.

"I am!" Lola cheered.

"I have basketball practice this weekend!!" Kay whined.

"Looks like it's just me and Neko then!" Lola giggled.

"And me!!" the first girl interrupted. 

"Me too!!" Toto added, wanting to join the conversation again.

"I'm actually pretty busy this weekend-" Neko tried to contribute.

"Oh, Neko, why don't we show you around the village!" conversation started over his voice.

"Yeah! We could go on a weekend and take you around the village! There's this cute little park we like to go to!" the first girl mentioned.

"Oh! And the forest! The forest is so beautiful in the spring!!" Lola added.

"Oh my gosh, and the lake!" Hisoka exclaimed. 

"You just have to try this cake cafe near the lake! It's so good!" the conversation continued.

"Oh yeah, I know that place!"