-15-

"Beka?You okay?"Jessie says hopping out of her bed. "I hate your brother!" I say as I began throwing my things around. "Beka stop, you're making a mess"Jessie says trying to call me down. "I don't care,I'm done,I'm done!" I yell throwing my picture frames of my dad and I. I was hurt. Out of everyone I didn't think Alex would be the one to say something so hurtful,he knew my weak spot and he used it against me.

Jessie picks up one of the frames and pulls the picture out of it. She just stared at it in pity,she walks towards me and hugs me. "It's okay"Jessie says repeatedly. I continued to cry ,letting my tears soak onto Jessie's shirt.

After my breakdown I took a nap and woke up to see Jessie laying in my messy bed with me,one of her arms were wrapped around me. All I could do was look at her and smile. I've never had a moment like this before.

Jessie opens her eyes to see me staring at her. "Hey"she says sitting up. "Feeling any better?"Jessie asked. "Yeah. A little bit"I responded,but it was a lie,I was still hurt by Alexs' words. "Care to talk about what happened?" Jessie asked. I let out a loud sigh and shut my eyes.

"Well,What is it?"Jessie asked. " He mentioned something about my dad being dead"I inform Jessie. "Wow. That's really low"Jessie opinionated. I let Jessie know every word that was said,she then comforted me.

"Look Beka"Jessie says then letting go of me. "You may not know this,but Alex has been through a lot,and I feel like he was also letting go of emotions from the past when he was arguing with you,it wasn't just you"Jessie admitted. "What are you talking about?"I asked Jessie. "Alex and I were foster kids"Jessie updates. "What?" I scoffed, "how come you never told me that?". "Because it's a lot more that came with it"Jessie says.

"Alex and I were abused,mainly him. We lived with this one foster family for about three years ,it was eighth grade,up until our sophomore year in high school"Jessie says letting go of a sigh.

"This family had two other kids,they were their biological kids. One was a boy named Austin,Austin was five years older than Alex and I.The other one was a girl,her name was Elle,she was four years younger than we were,and she didn't really understand much,she was mentally challenged. Anyway,the parents always treated Alex and I like absolute shit. Every mistake Alex and I made,we were beaten for it,sometimes Alex took the blame for me"Jessie says. "Oh my god" I reacted. "That's not the worse part"Jessie says nodding her head and looking down,playing with her nails.

"One day,the parents were working late on Black Friday. Elle was asleep and so was Alex. I was up,on my phone and Austin came into my room and asked me what I was doing,I told him to get out but he wouldn't listen. He told me he always thought I was pretty and he took a seat beside me. He began to touch me and I yelled. He covered my mouth and told me to shush,that I was going to wake Elle up"Jessie says rolling her eyes then taking a pause.

"He then aggressively flipped me on my back and began to rape me. I tried screaming for help but I couldn't with his hand covering my mouth. I then began to bang on the wall and Alex eventually came in,he immediately pushed Austin off of me and they began to fight,of course Alex was losing. Austin was 19,taking on a 14 year old boy,can you imagine?"Jessie scoffs. "Well,what did the parents do? The police? Something had to be done"I say. "We tried telling them what happened,but of course they believed their beloved son,Austin"Jessie says rolling her eyes.

"Austin told them that I asked for it ,that I said it was late and I was horny,that I said we're not biological siblings so it didn't matter"Jessie ended. "I'm so sorry Jess. I never knew that,and believe me, anyone would be lucky to have you and Alex in their lives"I admitted,although I'm upset with him.

"Thanks Beks,but it's okay,it doesn't phase me anymore,and besides we eventually got fostered by better parents"Jessie admits with a smile on her face.

"You're not the only one without a parent Beks,we know what it feels like.Alex and I never had a father in our lives and our mom passed when she had us. We understand"Jessie says.