Chapter 2 - The Ground

Chapter Song - Radioactive by Imagine Dragons

Present day

I woke up with a pounding feeling in my head, and quickly noticed that I was strapped into a chair.

I looked around me and saw so many other people in a similar position to myself. Where the hell were we going?

It looked like I was sat down in the middle of a ship, surrounded by no one I knew, until I saw her.

Octavia Blake.

I hadn't seen her in years and no that she was sat in the same room as me I could see just how beautiful she had become, even in the low lighting.

The ship jolted ever so slightly, and three people undid their straps and started floating in the air.

"Stay in your seats if you want to live!" A girl shouted from across the ship. I looked over and saw a girl with blonde hair talking to one of the boys with a stern look on her face. In my mind, I decided there and then that I didn't like this girl. She seemed far too bossy and it seemed like she wanted to be in control.

Upon studying the girl, I saw that it was none other than Clarke Griffin, the princess of the ark, sat beside none other than Wells Jaha. I never had the displeasure of meeting these two in person, but when you're hidden away for years with only guards, doctors and the Chancellor, you pick up a few things about some of the people on the ark.

A few minutes later, the ship came crashing to the ground and almost straight away, everyone undid their straps and rushed to the lower floor where the door was - myself included.

"Okay everyone stand back." A deep voice said and instantly I recognised him as one of my old best friends Bellamy Blake. I didn't know what I felt about Bellamy being here on the ground. While the smallest part of me was happy, the majority of my emotions was taken over by anger.

I was quickly pulled out of my own thoughts though, when the door to the ship was opened and a sudden gust of wind blew into my face.

I felt free for the first time in nearly 16 years. A sea of green trees surrounded us and below my feet was dirt. Acutal dirt. Everything about Earth felt so surreal, beautiful wasn't even the word for it.

Earth truly was a stunning place, but I didn't get to appreciate its beauty for long. I'd been told that their was a secret compartment with a bunch of weapons hidden inside for me to take. The last thing Jaha told me was that I was apparently a protector or something.

How was a trained killer supposed to change everything she had been taught to do and become a protector all of a sudden?

In the compartment, I saw my pistol, multiple knives, my swords, my assault rifle and my bow and arrows. Apparently walking onto a planet with 99 criminals and Bellamy with a whole bunch of weapons was a good idea. I left the rifle in the compartment as that could not be as easily concealed as the others.

When I walked out I saw a fight happening between Wells and some kid I think called Murphy. Less than ten minutes and we were already at each other's throats. Brilliant.

Then, Murphy hit Wells making him fall to the floor and hold his ankle. Good you deserve it you privileged piece of shit!

Before Murphy could continue his onslaught, someone jumped in the way of the fight before shoving Murphy backwards and speaking, "Kids got one leg Murphy, how about you wait until it's a fair fight." The kid said. From what I heard on the Ark, his name was Finn and he did an illegal spacewalk.

"Hey spacewalker, rescue me next time." Octavia said bounding over to stand next to the boy.

"Octavia what are you doing?! They're criminals!" Bellamy hissed, pulling at Octavia's arm in an attempt to get her away from Finn.

Who the fuck did he think he was? Everyone down here was a criminal in their own right, he had no say in who Octavia got to hang around with. My emotions got the upper hand over my judgement and I stormed over to stand in front of the Blakes.

"We're all criminals Bellamy." I say with a touch of anger laced in my voice.

"Cam you're alive! Oh my God I never thought I'd see you again!" Octavia said wrapping her arms around me in a tight hug.

"Cam I-" Bellamy started before I quickly cut him off.

"You don't get to say shit about missing me Blake." I hissed at him, detaching myself from the hug and turning away from them.

"Woah Cam, what happened between you two?" Octavia asked.

"You would never understand O. Shit happens. People change." I tell her, shrugging my shoulders.

"You know, you should probably let yourself relax a little before you go around beeing all brooding all the time." She says with a smile making its way onto her face.

"Yeah well, sometimes things happen that make you become all brooding all the time." I replied, my face stone cold.

"Well those things can't get you down here now so take a break!" She tells me with a smile growing wide on her face.

"I can't O! Okay I can't. There's just something I need to do first okay." I say throwing a look over to Bellamy.

"Well what? I could help you." She asks.

"Just don't worry about that." I finish, walking away from her and into the outskirts of the woods. I was done with that conversation and no matter how hard I tried, I can't get Bellamys betrayal out of my head.

A few hits was all he needed to win. Not leaving me to bleed out on a cold, concrete floor.

~~~~~~~~

A/N: I don't know how many parts this will be and I'll loosely follow the show, but it won't be completely correct bc it'll be from Camerons perspective.

____________________________________________

A/N DEC 2020 : Well hi... I actually re-wrote most of this chapter too, and it's still not perfect, but it is way better than before...

Love you all millions & be kind

Casey Xx