Chapter 9

Published: January 6th 2019
Edited: October 14th 2019

You sprinted down the grand halls of the Kingdom, running past every room. It felt like your lungs burnt, but your eyes burnt more. The sting of tears hit your senses, you gushed with anger. "Guards! Search now for the Lightener!" The Kings voice boomed down the halls. "You can run but you can't hide!" He called darkly. You narrowed your eyebrows and picked up the pace before sliding past the kitchen, you stopped in your tracks for a moment and ran into the kitchen, slamming the doors behind you and locking them before sliding down the door to the floor. You sat breathless with your head in your hands, quivering.

Rouxls stood before you, a worried expression painted his face as he noticed your glazed over eyes. "Oh Y/N..." He mumbled before embracing you in a warm hug. You gripped on him tightly. "What ever happened to thou?" He asked, letting go of the hug and sitting down next to you. You looked down at the floor, before rubbing your warm hand against your eye, wiping away a hot tear. "You know...just running from the guards, and the Kings negativity." You said, trying to catch your breath with a small pitiful chuckle. "....Thou knows that the guards will search every room till they encounter thou?" He asked, worriedly. "Yeah, I'm just gonna wait it out with my friend." You said, a small smile curled onto your lips. "...F-friend?" He asked timidly. You narrowed your eyebrows and looked over at him with a goofy smirk. "Of course you're my friend Rouxls, what could make you think different?"

Suddenly, the doors flung open that revealed two Guards. "I wish thou the best of luck with the King!" He exclaimed as you were dragged of by the two guards. 'UGHHHH! Rouxls! You were suppose to help me!' You mentally screamed.

The two guards tighten there grip on your wrists as you squirm while being escorted down the halls"Uhm, small favor, could you not squeeze my wrists so tight? It's not like I'm going anywhere." You asked, flinching a bit. The Ruddin guard on your right rolled their eyes and just held onto you harder. You sighed loudly.

Finally you stood before the King, his shadow looming over you. "Guards, step out of the room." He demanded. You let out a huff and crossed your arms. The King looked at you in almost a mocking manner. "What happened to being my friend?" He teased you.
You mentally face palmed for a moment before looking up at him. "What's with you, dude?" You asked, trying to be more calm. He gawked at you for a moment, he never heard someone use such vocabulary before. "Yeah I said dude." You said sassily. "But I want an apology, because you had no right to just call me that when you haven't even looked in the mirror." You said, your hands firmly placed on your hips. You locked eyes with his, he hung his head in confusion. He didn't exactly know how to say sorry. You watched him fold his hands together in front of him. "I....I'm....Im sorry." You could hear the tension in his voice. "It's okay." You said with a small smile, he was trying and it was...sweet.

"Well anyway, I'm probably just gonna go back to my room." You said, trying to get out of this awkward silence. You began to walk to your room before you heard the Kings voice call out your name,"Y/N, wait! I need to talk to you about something." You whipped your head around for a moment, then noticing the hot blush spreading across the Kings face. "Me too, I want more pants, thanks!" You said with a small smile, before turning around again.