~My Memoir~

Okay guyssss sooo the other day in my English honors class we learned about Six Word Memoirs. For those of you who don't know what a memoir is, I'll explain. A Six Word Memoir is a sentence of six words that describes something important in your life. You'll understand in a moment when i write mine. Now let me explain what I'm about to write. My teacher made us come up with our own Six Word Memoirs and then write a page explaining what it's about. I wrote two... I'm going to write both things on here. And yes Memoirs do fit in with poetry so that's why I'm putting it here. Anyway....this is the only one I could come up with the other day that really describes my life. And the teacher seemed to love it so...hopefully you will too. :) Enjoy guys. P.S. Please Read The Explanation So It Makes Some Sense!! Thanks!

My Memoir ~

"Life's rollercoaster is wild. Don't puke."

My Explanation ~

In my memoir, I'm talking about all of life's adventures. Everyone's life is different and each person is affected by events in their life differently. There's a saying that says "Life's a rollercoaster." Well life IS a rollercoaster. Everyone has there ups and their downs. It all depends on who you are and what your actions are. For example, if you lie to someone and they find out you lied, your rollercoaster is probably going to go downhill. Another example is a tragedy in or around you. Something like a death or you parents separating or something sad. Your rollercoaster-of-a-life will definitely go downhill, slow down and may even stop. Those, of course, are the downs to life. The ups could be all sorts of things. Your rollercoaster could go up from things like a raise at your job, good grades or having a baby. There're many ups that could happen in your life. What's also important in my memoir is that to go up you have to travel uphill. That's the journey. The struggle. It may take you a couple days or years to complete this journey but you'll get to the top eventually.

The second part of my memoir, "Don't puke," has a different meaning that ties into the first part of my memoir. It's a substitute for the quote, "Don't give up." In a weird way. I mean, when you get the flu and you cannot keep anything down, don't you feel like giving up? Like you just want to lie in bed for the rest of your life and eat soup everyday? It's kind of like that but bigger. In life, people give up. All the time. It amy be at something small or something huge that would affect your whole life. People give up in some of the worst ways too. They'll turn to drink or other drugs. Some people will take out their emotions on others and may even get in serious trouble with the law. Some may even kill themselves because they feel like they have nothing to live for. Because they gave up. The solution? Don't. Give. Up. Ever. Keep fighting everything thrown at you. I know from experience. My parents got divorced last year and my life fell apart. But guess what? I didn't give up. There were times when I wanted to give up so bad...but I didn't. You can't either. Don't give up.