Party At The King's

Today is Victoria's birthday. Who the hell has a party on Tuesday? I honestly didn't feel like being in a party filled with snobby people. Especially her friends. They were so annoying. 

"Harmy, I'm hungry." One of her minions said.

"Breakfast will be ready in ten minutes." I said before leaving.

I went to the kitchen and started to cook. I swear her minions drive me crazy. Always calling me Harmy.

"Good morning, Harmony." I turned to see, Shawn.

"Good morning." I said before going back to the stove. "Thought you had an early exam?"

"I did. It was at 7 am, and now it's 9 am. I'm free the whole day." He answered while grabbing a cup of coffee.

"True." I said while grabbing the plates.

"You know, you were pretty funny and loose at the club. We should go dance sometime." He told me before drinking his coffee.

"Are you saying I'm not fun if I'm not drunk?"

"No, I meant you looked relaxed dancing on your own with no care in the world. It was refreshing." He smiled.

"I needed that night. Just one night about me." I sighed.

"Well, how about we go out to dance next week?" He said taking me by surprise.

"You have a girlfriend that will kill me. And I don't think your parents will approve of you hanging out with me."

"Don't worry about that. What do you say?"

"If I get in trouble, I'll kick your ass." I replied as he laughed.

"Deal." He said before leaving. I have a feeling I'll get in trouble. Oh well.

Night came and the place was packed, someone save me from this hell.

I was in the kitchen getting the drinks ready to take out, then someone grabbed me clawing they're nails on my arm.

"Listen, bitch, Shawn is mine and only mine, don't lay your eyes on him. He will never see you as anything more than a maid. So don't get your hopes up." Laura said before slapping me across the face. With that done she left. 

I'm so tired of this, Ugh. I was done with this night. I went to my room and locked the door. I called home, dad told me Emma was a little pale and getting more tired than usual. I told him that I would be home tomorrow. Don't care if they fire me. My baby sister comes first.

The next morning I did my routine. I got a lecture from hell cause I left the party and didn't serve. I told them that I would pay for the rug with what I had saved. But I told them I was tired and that I quit. With that said I left the mansion of hell. I walked to the bus stop.

"Just my luck. Fanfuckingtastic." I sighed while sitting on the bench that was in the bus stop. I missed the last bus.

I wanted to get home as soon as possible. Donna was busy and couldn't pick me. Dad was with Emma. This led me to make an extreme decision.

"I need your help."

I waited for a few minutes and then a car stopped in front of me. "Your Uber is here." He said causing me to laugh. I got inside his car and he drove me home.

"Thank you, Shawn." I smiled.

"You're welcome and will you tell me already who left that mark on your arm?"

"If I told you, you wouldn't believe me anyway."

He looked at me in the eyes. "I know you don't lie, please tell me."

"It was Laura. She told me to stay away from you, then she claw her nails and slapped me." I said while fidgeting in my spot.

"I'll deal with that later. But if it's not too much to ask, I would love to meet your sister, do you allow it?".

"Of course, follow me." I said before we both got out of his car then we walked to my house.

"Welcome to my house. It's not big or fancy, but-" I was cut by him.

"It's perfect, it has that home vibe, something that my house is missing." He replied, that made me smile.

We walked to the living room and Emma was watching a Disney movie. "Munchkin." I said and her face lit up.

"Sissy, you came." She smiled. I went to hug her.

"Emma, I would like you to meet, Shawn." I said and she extended her little arm. Shawn shook her hand.

"Nice to finally meet you Emma. You're an adorable princess." He smiled causing Emma to smile.

"Is he your boyfriend? Cause I think he's cool and nice for you." She giggled. She's too much. 

"We're just friends. He already has a girlfriend." I said before going to he kitchen.

"So, how come that kid is in our house?" Dad said before drinking his glass of water.

"He was my ride home. And he wanted to meet Emma."

"I also quit my job. I was tired and exhausted, I'm sorry dad." I said as tears started to fall. He hugged me.

"That's okay, princess. I'm glad you're free from that place. Together we will figure something out." He told me as I just sobbed. Things didn't go well like last year.

After crying my heart out to dad, I calmed down. I washed my face and joined Emma, who took a liking to Shawn. She was telling him about the movie, he listened to her.

Hours went by and one movie became four. Dad asked Shawn if he wanted to stay for dinner, he said yes. I don't think Shawn wanted to leave. After dinner we went to the porch to talk.

"You're lucky." He said. I looked through the window to see Emma laughing while dad hugged her.

"I really am. Although mom is missing in the picture, I was blessed with an amazing dad and baby sis." I smiled. 

"There's so much peace here. I enjoy being here."

"Thank you. You're always welcome if you feel like escaping your crazy world." I said and he just chuckled.

We talked about everything and nothing. Talking to him was nice, I really enjoyed it.

The rest of the story is on Ireader. Along with Made For Each Other, under the same book.