Chapter 6: An Enigma

Everyone is aware that you should never aggravate a snake that is already upset. This unwritten rule is well-known throughout Hogwarts. Because of this, many students—including the Slytherins—looked down as a certain potion professor began to strut along the hallways.

Severus Snape is an enigma. No one has any knowledge of the man's history or the reasons behind his constant hostility and moodiness. He doesn't engage with anyone, not even the staff personnel, and has a permanent scowl on his face. He has also exhibited no signs of enthusiasm. He only ever spoke to two people without displaying any signs of annoyance. Dumbledore and his godson Draco Malfoy are those people, despite the fact that he has been observed rolling his eyes whenever the headmaster was not looking. You will only hear insults or taking off points from the man's mouth in contrast to those two.

He is the definition of a slimy git, but he is a master at concocting potions. He has mastered every potion known to witches and wizards because he has been a potion master since a very young age. He produces a potion if there are none left to learn. Nothing is beyond this man's power.

except for two.

For the life of him, he is unable to obtain the position of Defense Against the Dark Arts Teacher, nor He is unable to convince Harry Potter to quit putting himself in danger.

As he made his way to the Great Halls, Snape sighed. He took the chalice from his table and walked to his seat. He scanned the four tables, looking for a young boy with emerald eyes. He saw the visiting students—really a nuisance—and their instructors who were there for the impending tournament. Already he was getting a headache from not seeing the youngster. He drank from his cup, allowing the juice to calm his already frazzled thoughts. 'Wish it was coffee.' Snape thought. He could already see this is going to be a very hectic morning. He was eating breakfast when Potter and his little minions barged in. The Weasley and Granger, two of his cronies, were arguing while Potter and Longbottom remained silent and merely listened to their disagreement. Everyone took a seat and ate their breakfast. All but one. He observed that the ravenette appeared to be contemplating rather than actually eating. The boy never actually ate a meal; he would occasionally nibble on some bacon or sip from his chalice.

Before Snape could comment, the child leaped up from his seat, drawing everyone's attention, before saying sorry and sitting down. 'It will be another HECTIC morning.' Right now, he could really need a cup of coffee. Of course, nothing will be tranquil while Harry Potter is a student, even in the morning.

In order to avoid disturbing anyone, Potter stood up again and left the Great Hall quickly. He seemed to have vanished without anyone noticing. Snape rose up after rubbing his temples. He proceeded to the Slytherin Dorms to get the items he required for class, not wanting to know where Potter had gone.

He arrived at the Slytherin Dormitory. To get to his office, the potion master crossed the living room in silence. Because they didn't want to annoy the professor, the students parted so he could pass. Since the professor's office and living quarters are in different locations, it is annoying. At a later time, Snape would talk to Dumbledore about this.

He placed his hands on the door handle before halting. He noticed that his door was slightly ajar. He would always close his door shut, where not even a single light would enter the room. But now, just one sheet of paper can enter through the gap. Someone went inside his office!

He opened the door quickly and cautiously went inside. In order to ensure that nobody entered or left, he locked the door and closed it.

He peered around the entire room. Every bookcase, corner, and piece of furniture are examined by Snape for evidence of tampering or theft.

He moved toward his desk. Before examining his desk, he first checked his chair. All of it, except one, is in the same location. From its initial position, the picture frame is somewhat off-centered. He froze. He started going through his drawers right away. ensuring that everything is arranged as it should be.

He proceeded to the final drawer, which contains his hidden storage space. When the potion master pushed the button to access the compartment, he was met by a number of obvious missing things. Two of those missing components were incredibly crucial.

The potion maker remained stagnant. For once, he has a distressed expression instead of a permanent frown. 'Who- Wha-' Snape was horrified. He took steps to ensure that nobody—and he means NO ONE—would enter his workplace.

He was indignant. How dare they! For all he cared, they could have stolen something else! But no, they took something that was valuable to him! Precious to him. The door to the room was left ajar as he stormed out of the office. However, nobody ventured to enter.

Snape went to the principal's office. " Acidic pops" Indignantly, Snape growled. The statue turned and ascended the steps. He stepped on the ascending stairs, unwilling to wait. Snape didn't bother to knock, he pushed the door open.

It's possible to describe Dumbledore's office as enchanting. An ancient wooden table covered in various small trinkets was in the middle of the space. Other random items, some ancient and moving around, were dispersed throughout the office. On its stand, Fawkes was watching Snape as he hurried to find Dumbledore.

The elderly headmaster was perusing his bookcases. "Ah! There it is." idly, the headmaster said. Snape made it up the stairs not waiting for the old man. "They stole it." The professor declared.

The Headmaster turned towards Snape. "Stolen?" Uncertain of what the man was trying to say, the old man questioned. "The coat was stolen," Snape lost it. He is enraged! The elderly man first had no idea—what coat? He had a lot of coats that were taken from him; how could one of them be so crucial to the potion maker–

As he realized what Snape meant, his eyes widened. " How could it have been taken?!" He inquired. There is no way this is happening! At all costs, they made sure that nobody would discover the coat. To prevent any students from stealing it, he saw to ensure that it was handled by Snape. He specifically instructed the paintings to keep an eye out for anyone who was not supposed to be in the Slytherin Dorms.

They were both on edge. They need to track down that coat. " The order is needed; this is an emergency". Ordered by the headmistress. As a result of Snape casting a patronus spell, a seal materialized.

Snape felt forlorn seeing his Patronus, even after so many years had passed. 'It never changed.' He bottled up his emotions before ordering his patronus to gather the Order members. "It's an emergency, someone stole the coat." Snape clenched his fist as he watched as the seal swam away. All they had to do was wait.

A/N:

I finally published a new chapter after soooo long. Hope you guys enjoyed it. 

Question: Is this chapter too long or too short?