Chapter 5

"Clear that table!" Lora's voice called out. I felt my body being lifted through the house. Pain from my stomach traveled through my body with every step they took. It felt as two people were carrying me. After the sound of panicking and them clearing off a table, I was set down on that table. I finally opened my eyes to see Lora standing over me. Next to her was a Knight soldier. On the other side of the table, Rose walked up and was now standing over me. I looked down and saw my top covered in blood. I smiled at the sight. My smile quickly turned to a frown when Dodger walked up and applied pressure on the wound. I reached out for something and Lora grabbed my hand. I went to sit up as the pain felt like I was being stabbed over and over again. Lora used her other hand to push me back down. "Stay down Turtle, we're gonna save you." She said yet not sounding very confident. A women and man rushed in and stood around the table with everyone else. They're eyes illuminated blue as they placed they're hands over my wound.  As they're hands illuminated as well, an explosion could be heard outside. 

I looked to see the wall that used to be the front of the tavern blown off with debris everywhere. This gave me a clear view of the damage Pyged and the Switch army had really made. Bodies lined the streets, with the building across the street was nothing but burning debris. Families and civilians ran around collecting each other as Knight's led them around. I turned my head back to see the mages removing their hands. They looked up at each other with a bit of worry in their eyes. "We cannot work our magic as his shell is preventing us from healing." The male said. 

"That can't be, I've done it before!" Rose yelled out. 

"Well unless we can remove his shell, we can't." He said. I lifted my head to talk. I had to tell them my shell could be removed. Rose seemed to worried and distracted to be able to tell them herself. Before I could talk Lora gently pushed my head back down. Another explosion went off, shaking the tavern. Everyone lost their balance. As everyone went to regain their balance an arrow flew from the streets, piercing the male mage, killing him. As everyone looked over and regained their balance it was too late. A female dark elf, Switch was jumping in the tavern. Dodger, being the closest to her, tried to draw his dagger. He was too slow and she used a small throwing knife to stab into the defenseless female mage. As the mage held on to her life after being stabbed over and over again, Dodger got to the dark elf and drove his dagger into her back. Her body fell along with the mage, both were dead. 

"No" Lora said. 

"Look out!" Rose yelled out. Everyone turned to see the Switch archer who shot before readying another arrow. He shot it before anyone could prepare. It killed the Knight soldier who helped carrying me. His body bumped the table I laid on as he slid down dead. Before he could shoot another arrow another arrow flew from the alley behind him and stabbed through his head. His body went limp as he fell down to the ground. This revealed Snake who stood with his own bow. He saw us and then ran over. 

"Turtle, what happened?" He called out making his way to my side. 

"My...shell." I tried to say. I looked over at Rose who knew my shell could be removed. Her eyes lit up as she came to a understanding. 

"His shell, it can be removed!" She cried out. With that they were all sitting me up. Both Dodger and Snake reached over and attempted to get my shell off. They first had to take my top off and then struggle to get my shell off without causing me too much pain. After a struggle they were able to slip my shell off. I was laid back down on the table as the pain grew worse. Dodger took a cloth he had with him and continued to apply pressure as Rose went to find medical supplies. I looked over at Lora and smiled. She had tears forming in her eyes. I nodded at her, thinking that this might be it. I might die here. My body was growing weak as I could no longer lift my arm that was being squeezed by Lora. I could hear Rose making her way back to the table, dumping everything she found by Dodger and Snake who attempted to help me. My head fell back on the table. My smile slowly left my face as a realization that I'm dying hit me.