Chapter 1 - The lost bracelet

It's raining cats and dogs. The sky is pitch black and no stars are visible. Thunderstorms can be heard roaring loudly paired together with occasional lighting that lights up this very small pink colored room that is lit by a small lamp by the nightstand. One would assume it's a candle as it looks light one – but it's merely a small candle shaped lamp that is trying it's best to shine the entire room. The room looks tiny but quite clean and the furniture is arranged neatly to ensure that it would have enough space for the owner to roam around without tripping. Clearly, this room belongs to a little girl with the stash of teddy bears at the corner and pink themed decorations that hung from the wall – spelled "Princess Ashley" that blends well with the rest of the items in the room. In the middle of this tiny room, there lies a single size pink-colored four-poster bed that is also draped in a pink curtain. A beautiful woman with long silky straight hair in a black dress can be seen sitting at the corner of the bed and is trying to put a little girl to sleep amidst the rain and thunderstorm that is rattling the tiny window in the room. Splatters of rain together with strong wind can be heard hitting the room from all directions. The little girl, round-faced with strawberry blonde hair, draped in a pink quilt that matches the room exterior, seems to be upset about something – with tears glistening in her wide expressive deep brown eyes that shines like a gem, lit by the candle lamp and the woman, seeming her mother is singing her a soothing lullaby trying to ease her nerves and making her fall asleep.

"Hush little baby, don't say a word,

Papa's gonna buy you a mockingbird.

And if that mockingbird won't sing,

Papa's gonna buy you a diamond ring."

"Mama, where is Papa?" questioned the little girl to her mother. Her voice quivers as she tries hard not to cry – not to display her weakness in front of her mother whom she noticed is rattled and trying to be brave or it could even be from the cold that blankets the room from the raging weather outside. The little girl knows that something is wrong and she's worried, looking out for the whereabouts of her father. All of a sudden, several shootings can be heard. There seems like people arguing beneath the room where the mother and little girl currently are. The mother – although failing - is trying hard to calm the girl down and get her to fall asleep but it's simply not working. She smiled warmly at the girl, hiding her own panic that clearly reflects in her deep brown eyes that were inherited by the little girl and tries to ease her nerves but clearly, the little girl noticed this and is very much agitated. Perhaps the little girl is too perspective for someone as little as her where she's worried about the whereabouts of her father and the seemingly increasing sound of people arguing below them.

"Don't worry my love. Papa is fine. He will be here in the morning once the rain stops where we will go out and play together with your brother. Now, I want you to close your eyes. Think of the beautiful meadow that we both love and try to sleep. Mama is going to sing you a song until you are asleep and I will be here for you all night" said the woman in her calm voice hiding her own distress. All she wants is to ensure that her baby girl is safe. Her elder son is well, snoring lightly in the room next to this. She needs to make sure that they are fine. Before – she shoves that dark thought away and focuses on her little girl. She wiped her daughter's tears away, smiling soothingly, and seemingly trying to show that she is brave and nothing can harm them.

"Do you promise, mama? Promise that you will be here when I wake up? Promise that you will drive away those monsters that live under my bed?" the little girl probed her mother even further. Her fear is visible in her deep brown eyes filled with fresh tears. She is engulfed in a fear that there are somehow evil monsters that are living beneath her bed – rather than the real world – or rather in the living room, threaten to destroy what they have achieved so far.