Chapter 1 💃🏼

A/N-
Welcome to you all and thank you for taking the time out of your day to read this story. Please be patient with me and let me know about any grammatical errors. Lots of love to you all ❤️
~Stace xx

*************************************

Elise Layton 👠

As I arrive at my Uncle Max's house in the quaint little town of Rockport, I'm taken back by how neat the surroundings are. Every house has neatly cut grass, there are trees spaced the exact same distance apart on both sides of the street and there isn't a piece of rubbish in sight.

"Is it always this clean?" I ask, frowning.

"Yeah. It's a lot different to London, huh?" My Uncle Max chuckles and begins to heave my suitcases up the immaculate grey path to the house.

My Aunt opens the front door and squeals like a school girl, "Elise! It's so good to have you here honey. How was your flight?"

"It was long and tiring Aunt Donna, thank you for asking." I close my eyes and fake sleep standing up, which makes her laugh.

"Oh Elise, you've always been so funny." I open my eyes to find her smiling and shaking her head. Considering Aunt Donna hasn't seen me since I was two years old I find her comment quite amusing. I'm sure I probably was funny at two. Over the last few years there really hasn't been much humour in my life though.

I sigh and look up at the house, when movement at the top side window catches my attention. I can't help smirking as I watch my sixteen year old Cousin Jack leaning out and hastily blowing puffs of smoke from what looks like a lit joint. I cough loudly to get his attention and raise my eyebrows. He looks down, glares at me and flips his middle finger up.

Charming.

~*~

I unpack all of my things into my new bedroom and flop back onto the big plush bed. I see my cousin Jack walk by the open door and call out to him.

"What's up?" He asks, leaning against the wooden frame.

"Oh so you're going to be nice now are you?" I sit up and tilt my head, waiting for his reply.

"Yeah, as long as you don't tell my mom about me smoking." He crosses his arms over his chest and raises a brow.

"I'm not going to tell anyone Jack. It's definitely not my style to grass." He releases his arms, allows them to fall to his sides and nods slowly in understanding.

"So do you think you could tell me about your high school? I have no idea what to expect on Monday." I pat the bed as a gesture for him to take a seat and he strolls over.

"You're really not going to have any problems when it comes to school."

"What makes you say that?" I question, frowning.

"Elise, you're going to be, by far the hottest girl in school. Not to mention being British too." My eyes widen in shock.

"Jack! You can't say things like that to me!" I exclaim, covering my eyes in embarrassment.

"Hey I'm just being honest." He puts his hands up and I shake my head.

"Well thanks I guess. I bet you don't do too badly yourself, with the girls." I tell him, ruffling his brown hair and he nudges my shoulder, becoming bashful.

Jack is around six feet one inches tall, brunette, tanned and has dark brown eyes. We're the complete opposite. I have long blonde hair, light green eyes, pale skin and I'm five feet six inches tall. We're a bit like night and day in comparison.