exchanges

##; | jan 19th,, 2019.

sunny sat in the edge of her bed in the hotel room she had been assigned

sunny sat in the edge of her bed in the hotel room she had been assigned. she was supposed to be sleeping, but her mind kept her awake until late at night.

she leaned back and laid on the bed, her gaze fixed on the white ceiling. she kicked out her legs in front of her out of boredom, her phone still in her hand.

she finally decided to go for a walk outside the hotel. she stood up to retrieve her jacket from from the dresser after leaving her phone on the bed. she threw on the gray jacket and mumbled to herself about how she couldn't sleep.

she couldn't text the group's managers because they were all asleep, so she couldn't ask for permission to leave her room. she didn't seem to care either way.

she grabbed her phone and walked to the hotel room door. she twisted the knob and pulled the door towards her. she jumped back in surprise as she opened the door.

mingyu stood in front of her, his hand in a fist. sunny's free hand was covering her mouth in disbelief, while the other held the door open.

sunny asked, pointing to him and the door, "were you about to knock?"

mingyu scratched his neck with his balled-up hand behind his head. he slowly nodded.

the two exchanged soft laughs and stood looking at each other. he noticed she wasn't dressed in her typical bedtime attire of an oversized shirt and her favorite gray sweatpants. mingyu thought it was odd that she was wearing a jacket.

"are you going somewhere?" he asked, taking a few steps back to look at her.

"i'm going outside."

she took a step outside her room, tucking her room key and phone into her pocket.

the door quietly closed behind the girl and she began to walk down the hall, inviting her boyfriend to accompany her. they dated each other to run down the hotel hallways like little kids, but it was late and not fair to everyone sleeping.

the two exited the hotel and walked down the numerous steps in front of the building. as she walked, sunny took in the fresh air and gazed up at the night sky.

mingyu noticed her doing so and placed his hand on her lower back to keep her safe as she gazed up at the stars.

he led her to a seating area with plenty of benches. she sat first, leaning back and pointing up at the sky to tell mingyu to look up.

he sat beside her and looked up, admiring the stars as his girlfriend did.

sunny was always drawn to the night sky, stars, and moon. perhaps it was simply because the nighttime provided her with comfort while she stayed up late, or because she used to gaze at the stars with her mother when she was younger.

mingyu thought the white light from the light posts made his girlfriend look innocent and pretty. he was tempted to pull out his phone and photograph the moment, but he resisted, preferring to remember it only in his mind.

the silence that surrounded the two became awkward silence, transforming the moment into an uncomfortable one.

sunny turned her head and looked over at the boy, who was still staring at the sky.

"come on, it was never this awkward between us." she jumped up from the bench.

mingyu looked up at sunny, who was walking in small circles and hugging herself because it was cold outside.

"how about we talk about yesterday?" mingyu suggested.

sunny came to a halt in front of the boy who was still sitting. she shrugged her shoulder and nodded. sunny approached the boy and took a position in front of him.

"how come you became jealous when i was talking to my friend yesterday?" she asked softly, not wanting to irritate herself or him.

when mingyu confessed, he sighed and looked down at his shoes, not wanting to make eye contact with sunny.

"i don't like it when you're with other guys," mingyu said, "no, no, sorry, i don't like it when other guys are around you."

sunny observed him looking everywhere but at her. her arms dropped to her sides and her jacket began to fall off her shoulders.

"why?"

he sighed once more, "i guess it's just my selfishness? i'm not sure, but i understand how they can be around you because i was like that when i wanted you."

sunny sat next to him, her hands resting on her lap as she watched him look around.

"you don't have to be concerned about that; simply trust. you can't stop them; if they like me, there's nothing you can do, but you have me, and i don't want them." sunny assured.

mingyu finally looked up and smiled at sunny. her words were very comforting to him and he felt a new sense of security in their relationship.

sunny smiled as he showed his own and she stood up from the bench once more. she extended her hand to offer it to mingyu. he took her offer and put his hand in hers, standing up as she began to pull him along with her.

"where are we going?" he asked softly, his smile showing how in love he was with this girl.

"on a walk!" she continued, turning her head.