Chapter 23

"McDonald's," Tom says.

"KFC!" Kira protests.

I grip my head, a sudden headache forming.

"McDonald's," Flynn agrees.

"KFC," she replies, swinging her head round to glare at Tom, then back to Glare at Flynn.

"What do you think?" Tom asks me, nudging me slightly with his elbow.

"I think this was a bad idea bringing you guys out with more than one decision," I groan, rolling my eyes and looking out the window instead.

"Let's flip a coin," Kira suggests, getting a coin from the dashboard that keeps sliding with every corner and stop we take.

"Heads for McDonald's and tails for KFC," Flynn says, not taking his eyes off the road.

We stop at a red light and Kira flicks the coin. She throws it and it bounces off the windscreen, she growls under her breath.

"It landed on heads didn't it," Flynn states, looking at her from the corner of his eye, grinning.

She nods and folds her arms.

"Don't worry about it Kira, we can have KFC next time," I reassure her, I keep looking out the window.

I feel Tom's hands creep around my shoulders and he pulls me against him.

He looks down at me.

"You okay?" He mouths and I nod, feeling sleepy suddenly.

"I'm bored," he groans.

He begins poking me in the stomach, making me laugh.

"Stop that tickles!" I scream, he does it even more, making it hard to breathe.

"I can't... I can't," I stutter, tears of laughter rolling down my eyes, I try to catch a breath but nothing comes in.

I elbow him in the balls and he let's me go.

Sitting up, I breathe in as much air as I can.

"Bastard," I mumble, wiping tears from my cheeks.

"Sorry babe, you love me really," he smirks, I roll my eyes.

We pull up to McDonald's and stride in. I take a seat with Kira in one of the small booths, the boys go up to order for us.

"Chicken legend and medium fries scissors!" I yell over my shoulder.

"Chicken strips and large fries for me please Tom," Kira says after me.

"How are you?" She asks.

Why does everyone have to know if I'm okay or not?

"Fine." I rub my tattoo, looking down at the table instead of meeting her eyes.

She doesn't speak to me after that, we wait for the twins to come back with our food.

They plonk the trays of food down and slide into the booths with us, Tom next to me and Flynn next to Kira. I stay silent as I open the box and place the chips in the lid of the box, next to the legend.

I take a small bite and nibble slowly. I feel a set of eyes on me but I don't look up to meet whoever's eyes are staring at me.

They all begin to create small talk, all the while I stay silent whilst chewing my food.

Tom steals some of my chips, I look up at him, elbow on the table and another chip rests between my fingers. I lean towards him and steal a nugget, chewing half of it in front of him, then retreat back to my side of the seat. He stares at me shocked, I bet no one has ever stolen food from him.