fourteen

ALLURA'S MEMORIES CONTINUED TO COME back like a wrecking ball. No matter how much the scientists wiped her, three thousand years were hard to delete. So, they took an extreme decision.

        The strawberry blonde screamed in agony as tears fell from her eyes, her body sweaty and shaking as the seventy second hour passed and she continued to be on the chair that burned her brain to its liking.

        The machine stopped, running out of energy as Allura trembled violently, her eyes wide and her hair messy, strands falling on her face and clinging. She whimpered, small screams coming out of her mouth that made the scientists around her cry out, the superior glaring at the asset and whipping her on her bare stomach.

        The strawberry blonde looked at her surrounding in a daze, her green eyes locking with unknown blue ones that looked at her coldly, yet in confusion.

        "Rodnoy brat. Toskuyushchiy po domu. Tri tysyachi. Voyna. Zhelaniye. Krasnyy. Allt. Odin. Toska. Ugrozhayushchiy." Brother. Homesick. Three thousand. War. Saudade. Red. Allt. One. Yearnings. Menacing. The superior read, dropping the book on the table and crossing his arms across his chest.

        "Soldat?"

        "YA gotov otvechat."

         He stared into her eyes, trying to look for anything that would tell them that her past still lingered. When he found nothing, he nodded to the guards, who roughly grabbed her arms and prepared her for the mission.

         The Winter Soldier and the Alien were ready, weapons in their grasp and a trapped look in their eyes as they walked over to their motorcycles, getting on them and riding to their mission.

        The strawberry blonde had been awake for the entire ten years; the year now being 1957, wiped over and over again until nothing was left in her now empty head and being sent to brutal missions. But the soldier had been put into cyro freeze ever since the last incident had occurred and the assets had regained their memories and individuality.

        They got inside the plane they were instructed to take down, knocking out the pilot and hijacking the controls with ease, their knowledge in technology being yet another work of HYDRA.

        Allura shot the passengers inside the machine, only being ten. She punched an officer and slammed his head against the small window, successfully breaking it as the pressure began taking them down.

        The Winter Soldier and the Alien jumped off, their parachutes being launched from the main HYDRA facility. They fell down with ease, the strawberry blonde looking at her surroundings with a strange sense of familiarity.

        She had seen this sky before. It was Germany. But she didn't know when or how. She remembered crashing down, the feeling of being hit against crystal yet the material not breaking. Then the cold, the burning on her skin and the feeling of nausea.

        She ignored the memory, the scenery not making sense at all as she landed steadily in her feet, carefully folding the parachute as her partner did the same, the two walking to where their motorcycles were and heading back to the facility.

        The soldier was going back into freezing, but the daily training that hadn't occurred in a decade was taking place with the superiors that came from every HYDRA facility.

       The two assets prepared to fight, each with a baton and their trained selves were facing each other, blue meeting green with no hint of recognition or spark.