Chapter 4 - It all started on holiday - A Tom Daley Fan Fiction

CHAPTER FOUR

I woke up the next morning very early, about 7am. No one else was awake in the villa so I decided to go for a quick shower and maybe a morning swim.

After showering I pulled my hair into a messy bun, popped my sunglasses on my head and didn’t bother with any makeup as I wanted to get a tan on my face. Anyway, I didn’t really need to wear any makeup as my skin was quite clear.

I made my way out of the villa, careful not to wake anyone. I grabbed hold of my towel as I walked passed it, unlocked the back door and started to make my way to the pool.

I put my towel down on a chair on the patio and carried on walking.

As I got closer to the pool I noticed someone was sitting on the edge, just their feet in the pool with their hands beside them. I could tell it was a man because they weren’t wearing a bikini top.

As I got closer to the person I could make out it was the boy from next door, he looked upset. I could tell he hadn’t been crying but he looked like he was in deep thought, and whatever he was thinking about was making him sad.

I decided to go and sit myself down next to him and see if he was okay. As soon as I sat down next to him I knew it was definitely who I thought it was. However, I decided to not act as a crazed fan because I didn’t want to annoy him, I mean he must of gone on holiday to get away from all of that.

“Hi, err are you okay?” I asked him nervously, not believing who I was talking to.

“Oh, hi, yeah I’m okay, just… thinking” He replied in that gorgeous voice of his. I was talking to Tom Daley! But I knew I couldn’t tell him I knew who he was, I had to stay calm.

“About what? You look a bit upset” I admitted, wanting to make him smile. I loved his smile so much.

“Oh, it’s nothing, don’t worry” He replied smiling slightly, probably because he’s found someone who’s not just sitting there drooling over him, although I was inside.

“Well, if you’re sure” I replied, hoping he would smile, and he did. “There’s that beautiful smile” I mumbled to myself, not letting him hear me.

“Sorry?” Tom asked, obviously hearing me mumble but not exactly what I said.

“Oh, nothing” I replied, giggling. I decided to remain mysterious, keep him wondering, it might make him like me and want to get to know me more. “Anyway, I was just about to go for a swim, so I guess I’ll see you around?” I asked Tom.

“Yeah, I’m here till 31st August” He replied to my question.

“Oh me too!” I replied, maybe a bit too enthusiastically.

“Great! Well I’ll see you soon, and I didn’t catch your name?” Tom said.

“Sophie” I replied confidently.

“Nice to meet you Sophie, I’m Tom” He said to me.

“I know who you are” I smiled, leaving a really confused look on his face.

“Bye then, Sophie” He smiled.

“Bye Tom” I said back to him.

I decided not to tell anyone in my family that I had met Tom and that he was staying in the villa next to us, not even Jake. I also decided not to tell anyone that I had even spoken to him.

TOM POV

As I was sitting by the pool that morning a girl walked up and sat beside me, she was beautiful.

I was sitting there just thinking about how much I wished my dad was here on holiday with us when she came along and interrupted my thoughts. I’m glad she did because I was just about to start crying.

She really confused me, we were chatting and she didn’t seem to know me. When most girls meet me they ask for a picture or an autograph, or some even propose marriage, but that’s a different story…

She was different. She seemed really understanding and considerate of my feelings, she didn’t want to know why I was upset she just seemed to want to make me smile.

It worked, she definitely made me smile. But she was beautiful, and she was so nice! And I found out she was going to be here for the same amount of time as me, so I had three whole weeks to spend with her!

It was really nice to have someone who seemed to like me for me and not because I’m Tom Daley, Olympian and teenage heart throb. I was sitting there in my swimming trunks and she didn’t once stare at my body, which was nice for me, normally that’s all girls do and they only like me because they like my body.

I found out the girls name was Sophie. Sophie seemed really mysterious, I couldn’t work out if she knew who I was or not, and everything she said made me think, I wasn’t sure if the things she said had a double meaning?

At one point I heard her mumble something to herself but I didn’t quite hear what she said and then she was reluctant to tell me what she had said.

One thing that I  found really weird was that when I asked her what her name was, she told me hers was Sophie, but when I told her mine was Tom, she said ‘I know’.

I found that really weird, if she knew who I was then why didn’t she just treat me like any other teenage girl would? Unless she had just recognised my face and didn’t really know that much about me.

I was curious to find out more about Sophie, so I decided to talk to her the next time I saw her. I was really confused as to if she knew who I was, so I walked away leaving her in the pool, needing some time to think.

----------------------------------

Thank you so much for reading! I hope you enjoyed it! Tom is going to be involved a lot more in the story now ;)

Be sure to check out my other Tom Fanfic 'Just Friends' :D