Little Big Girl (Daddyxlittle)

Start from the beginning

"Hi Drew, sorry to call you so late. I'm okay. I'm just...I guess I'm just a little nervous. About the whole upcoming launch and everything," she sighs.

"It's okay. It'll be great! You've done everything you can and I'm sure it will pay off," he responds kindly.

The words are nice but they don't seem to calm much of her anxiety at all.

"Yeah. Yeah, I'm sure you're right. Well I hope so. Anyway I'm sorry again for disturbing you. I...I'll speak to you later."

God, what was she thinking? As if Drew was magically going to be able to expel her anxiety! Looks like she's not going to be getting much sleep tonight.

"Wait hang on-"

Taliha pauses and places the phone back against her ear.

"You still sound upset. Why don't I bring over a bottle of Chardonnay and we can talk?"

Her lips tilt in a grin. Okay so maybe Drew might not have magic powers but he does have some superhuman abilities for sure.

"Would you? That would be nice, thank you."

The high rise apartment downtown isn't exactly a home but it's the residence she spends most of her time so she supposes that's what you call it. Except the professionally decorated space doesn't scream 'welcome home'. It's not a huge issue since as much as Taliha wants to make something out of herself, she also dreams of living in an actual house and raising her own family in it. Some may say that's too soon at 25 though working in the industry she does she feels a lot older. The constant ups and downs in her life, the endless criticism and rejection, not to mention the intense pressures of being in the public eye which have all aged her on the inside at least. It's nothing she regrets. She chose the career path and of course she genuinely enjoys what she does but at the same time, something inside her is restless. The travelling gets old, the mind games boring and the strict regimes frustrating. Plus, at the end of the day coming home to nothing is not fun in the least. At one point Taliha did consider a pet but her guilt was too much for her to follow through with it. Like a child it's not fair for her to be coming and going in its life or be toting it around place to place, never giving it a stable home.

She toes off her heels, leaving them there next to the couch as she tosses her coat over the arm and takes a seat.

Dating as well is a choppy ocean in a storm for her. There were already many pitfalls for her in the dating world just because of who she is. First there was the fact, she's a model. That presented problems in itself like not being in one place for long periods of time, the diet she has to follow, the events she has to attend. Then to narrow the pool further there's men who are either not at all in plus size women or way too into them to an unhealthy, weird extent. Personally she wouldn't consider herself plus size. Not at a US size 12/14 but honestly, who cares? Then on top of all that, she's got her own...issues. Not body, more family. Most of those she likes to think she's worked through, especially with the help of her mentor/friend Adrian.

Yet despite all that she'd managed to have 2 ex-boyfriends. One of which hadn't ended too badly. He'd just met someone else and it really speaks to their relationship when Taliha was only slightly upset because it would mean she wouldn't have someone to be texting.

This train of thought though deserves a glass of wine and right on cue there's a knock on her door. Her trainer might kill her (physically in his workouts) but it'll be worth it. She wants the drink more.