Nιɳҽ

-Lorraine- "sᴏᴍᴇ sᴇᴄʀᴇᴛs ᴀʀᴇ ʙᴇᴛᴛᴇʀ ᴜɴsᴀɪᴅ, ᴍʀ

-Lorraine- "sᴏᴍᴇ sᴇᴄʀᴇᴛs ᴀʀᴇ ʙᴇᴛᴛᴇʀ ᴜɴsᴀɪᴅ, ᴍʀ. ᴍᴏʀɢᴀɴ."-

Lorraine turned on her side as she felt the need to cry. She was mixed with emotion, she was ecstatic about being excepted, but also upset about how she left Smith. He was the love of her life and she told him she wanted him to stay the hell away from her.

1 WEEK LATER

"Dutch, I just don't think that she's capable of going into Valentine right now. Last time we were there something happened— Something that made her cry." Arthur Stops Dutch as he began walking to Lorraine's tent.

"She's a women, of course she's gonna cry!" Dutch scoffed and swung around to face Arthur. "They always cry."

"No, but will you listen for a moment?" Dutch continued to walk on, leaving Arthur behind and very disgruntled.

"Lorraine, you got a minute?" The women looked up to Dutch as she discontinued her drawing. Through this whole week she has helped with whatever Dutch has asked, many would say she was like a house maid for him, she never put up a fight or spoke any words on anyone.

"Of course." She chirped. Dutch watched as the women's braided hair moved slightly as she swung her head to look at him.

"There's business I need you to deal with down in Valentine. One of our people is currently stuck down there... I'm sending you with Arthur. It's a quick think, trust me." Dutch picked up a picture she had propped up of her and Smith.

"Yes sir. Let me change into proper attire first, will you?" Dutch nods and before he walks away, he continues to speak.

"Don't wear anything nice, you're doing dirty work, Miss...?"

"Oh umm... last names are overrated. Just call me Raine." Shyly, Lorraine grabbed her clothes and turned away from Dutch.

"I agree. Now, don't get into too much trouble." She nods and watched him walk away before closing her tent and getting dressed.

There's something about Dutch that makes me nervous, but there's also something about him that makes me feel safe. I will assure you, I feel
This with most men I decide to latch onto...

Raine quickly wrote down in her journal before walking out of her tent, throwing her trench like coat around her shoulder. She had changed into black bottoms and a white blouse, along with her trench coat. (Idk if they were call that back Then but🤷🏽‍♀️)

"Alright. Let's go." Raine sighed as she hopped onto the wagon after she hitched up her horse. She had traded in her old horse for a brand new fast one. It was definitely more built and made for action. She named the muscular horse Enzo. He was grey with small black spots and black hair.

"You sure you're okay to go back to Valentine." Arthur questioned her as they began to ride slowly.
"I mean, only because of what happened last time."

Raine and Arthur haven't really talked since she had to pretend to be his wife and they both regretted it. Arthur was a dick sometimes but it made her laugh, and  Arthur loved to hear her laugh, but he enjoyed hearing her life stories as well.

"Yeah, no I'm fine. Totally. I'm—I'm actually thinking of going back to him soon." Arthur turned to her with a tilt of his head. "He's the closest thing that— that I can continue my life with."

"Tell me a story..." Arthur slowed down.

"Bout what?"

"How you met smith?"

Lorraine pursed her lips and thought over the memories.
"I met Smith when I was just a teenager. He's such a handsome fellow... I met him at a very unique little barber shop that his father owned. Smith had a huge family but still went off to live with the outcasts. He's a rich bitch but he never treated himself like he was." Raine frowned but laughed.

"Why aren't you with him now?" Arthur questions. The women looks to him and back in front of her. Hesitantly she begins to speak again.

"Well, Mr. Morgan I love Smith very much and there no doubt that he is the one I want to spend the rest of my life with, but he's changed over time and sometimes people just need to take breaks." Raine swallowed harshly. "He became less protective and less safe to be around—— It just wasn't worth staying for at that moment."

"And being here is any better? You're not protected or safe here." Arthur scoffed. Raine shook her head, annoyed with his comment.

"Arthur, I don't know how to explain this, but anything is safer than being with him right now. Not all of this cause was him either...." Raine sighed, dreading the ride to Valentine.

"What happened?" Arthur continued to push. He didn't mean no harm but he was so interested in Lorraine that it made his brain burn.

"Some secrets are better unsaid, Mr. Morgan."

"I will agree with that.... Yes." Soon enough they were both on their way back over to Valentine.

"What were our errands again?" Raine questions as she hopped off the wagon. The sun was already starting to set and Lorraine was insanely exhausted from the ride.

"Well we got quite a few. First we gotta go get Andrew over in the slammer, then we gotta get some groceries for Pearson and Sadi- no, not Sadie." Hesitantly, Arthur chamber his sentence as he lead Raine over to a giant store.
"Hey what we need." A small list was handed to Raine as she spread her fingers. Her eyes read over the paper, and she walked inside of the market.

"Raine?" Raine turned her head as she heard somebody call her voice—

————Arthur————

"Listen here, Marty, if you done give me my man, then I ain't giving you his money." I threatened softly. Marty was an old man with white hair but a toned body, he's never been out of shape a day of his life.

"No! Sir Andrew is a drunk and he's dangerous to people all around this world!" Marty shouted, casing a great scene to erupt around us.

"Listen, old friend," i heaved," if you don't let my friend Sir Andrew out of his cell, I will be forced to do something I don't want to." That's all it took for the old mans eyes to change. He quickly unlocked the room behind him, and out walked my friend Andrew.

————Lorraine————

"This should be all." I sighed as the man shook his head as I waisted his time. I had ran off about three times getting things I had forgotten the first time around. "For sure this time." Finally I check out and make my way back to our wagon.

I had been ready to leave that store ever since some... old friend decided to bump into me again. Quickly, I jogged with my groceries to the wagon and awaited Arthur.