~ T H I R T E E N ~

🍷

"As far back as I can remember, I always wanted to be a gangster."
— Ray Liotta

Arianna Morelli's POV

"When did you get back?" Asking the man in front of me.

Curiosity consumed me as slight excitement floated through my lower abdomen. The aura was filled with happiness and joy but his vibe felt off, as if it was planned.

For almost five years, I have always dealt with the problems of my best friend sobbing each day - due to the fact that each day, her older brother became so addicted, so cold, so careless, so immature - he had the utter nerve to come back.

"About an hour ago, aren't you happy to see me?" He questioned as he raised his right eyebrow.

Happy?

He had the audacity to say that to my face, "No I'm not happy, does Estella even know you're here?" Asking with a little jump in my voice as I was worried at the fact my best friend would break down if she saw her idiot brother.

"Arianna, I'm sor-" as he was cut off by a female's grasping.

Turning my head towards the direction of where the grasp came from, Estella stood on the last step of the staircase as her eyes widened with shock and her jaw wide open with surprise.

Tears were starting to well in her watery eyes as I quickly ran over to my best friend and consoled her whilst my best friend's brother just stood there in front of us - acting as if nothing had ever happened.

Careless fool doesn't even want to console her sister. Fucker.

I looked at him dead in the eyes, almost telling him - if he didn't bring his ass here in 1.2 seconds to console his younger sister, I'll be the shit outta him.

He quickly ran over and hugged his sister as he got the memo. I released Estella, as she hugged her older brother tight whilst she snuggled up in his chest. Small sniffles could be heard.

I'm gonna be honest, I never had a very close brother-sister sibling relationship with Stefano. Yeah he was there for me, but it wasn't close like Estella and her older brother. It was close yet distant at the same time, it was weird.

"I'm sorry Estella, for everything" he said apologetically.

There was compassion in Estella's eyes, it looked like there was pride - to deceive her older brother - but sympathy - to let him go and start over. What I didn't expect was for her to slap him hard, "That's for leaving me." Well that was unexpected, but she quickly pulled him for another hug. "But I still love you, Emilio."

You know what was smart for Emilia, the mother of Estella and Emilio, that she names both her kids were the letter 'E' which is pretty smart. Stefano and I never had that.

I was broken out of my thoughts when my name had been called, "Are you alright Ari? You don't look alright" Emilio asked as he sounded worriedly.

Ari.

That was my nickname he used for me, short for Arianna. He hasn't used it for five years so, I need to get use to hearing my nickname again.