53

Willow regarded the doctors and nurses which checked up on her with caution. They all seemed a little hesitant to approach her and check to see if she as all right. They were as wary of her, as she was of them. She hated the room she was in. It was all clinical white, almost blinding when the sun peeked in through the windows. It got so annoying that Willow had in fact shakily walked over and closed the curtains.

Apparently her shutting the curtains was a cause for concern. A doctor swiftly walked into the room and asked if she was feeling all right. Willow knew he was trying to find out the reason for her shutting the curtains. There was no logical, even psychological reason, other than: the sun was annoying her. Sue and Kevin popped in when visiting times allowed it. But once the times were over she was left on her own, with the annoying staff. Sue had been kind enough however to bring in a change of clothes for her, and some reading material.

It was roughly about an hour after they had left, and Willow had changed, that she discovered herself being on her own. Picking up a book she flicked through it. She was bored. Sitting on the bed she switched the television on and leaned against the wheeled table which she pulled over. Slotting it into place beside the bed she picked up some of the books Sue bought in and put them in front of herself.

Hearing a news report she perked up and looked towards the screen. Willow leaned her head against her hand when the reporter spoke of what was to happen to the asylum. Apparently the Warden had been fired, which Willow honestly wasn't surprised of. It wasn't like he did a brilliant job at trying to detain the raging inmates on the island. Drinking some water, she suddenly choked when the reporter declared it four days since the incident. Today was the fifth day of cleaning up the mess on the island and finding new cells for inmates to stay in, in other prisons.

"You've been out cold for four days."

"Ah!" Willow jolted and dived under the covers on her bed. Peeking out she frowned, "I should be used to you just popping up. What's going to happen to the asylum now that it's...well...now that it's like that?" Willow pointed a finger at the television screen. Most of the buildings being shown were destroyed. The mansion looked nearly derelict.

Batman moved away from the window which he'd broken in through, carefully without breaking the locks or the pane of glass, walking over to the bed he stopped a few paces away. "We don't know yet."

"I heard Warden Sharp got fired. Oops." Willow sorted out the covers from when she dived under them. Straightening out the white material over her legs she looked up at him. "Not surprised by that really." The man in front of her regarded her simply before nodding slowly. "They're talking about making another secure prison." Willow stated. "Think it'll actually have decent security?"

"No prison is secure. They try, but there'll still be a way out." Willow nodded at his rather enigmatic words. "How are you feeling?"

"How do you think?"

"You tell me."

"I'm bored," Willow stated while pointing a finger at him. "Tired, bored, tired, annoyed, bored, tired, sad, distraught, depressed, bored, tired, peeved off, tired, bored, distraught, confused." Willow said in a dull tone. "Need I continue?"

"No."

"I know you won't tell me anyway." Willow sighed and laid down while crossing her arms over her black cardigan. "But he hasn't showed up has he?"

"No."

"Well that could mean yes, you won't give me a straight answer." Willow shrugged and shut her eyes.

"It means no." The Batman said seriously. "He has not shown up."

"Well, add grieving to the list of feelings then." Willow opened an eye and looked at him.