|C h a p t e r 3|

|The Dare That Started It All|

★T r a v i s★

After breakfast, my cabin headed over to the archery range. Connor and I went over to the bin and got bows for everyone. After a few minutes, the Demeter cabin meet up with us. We all lined up with a target.

Archery was one of my strong suits, so I decided to help the others. I walked past everyone, stopping once in a while to help one of the campers. I made it to the end of the line, where Katie was about to shoot. Her hair was still green but she seemed to get almost all of the glitter off. Although, she still looked glittery, so it looked like she was glowing.

You could tell she was struggling because she kept moving her formation. She finally shot her arrow and missed the target once again. This got her super frustrated but she grabbed another arrow. She went back into formation but it was still off. Knowing I was one of the best archers, I decided to help.

★K a t i e★

I was trying my best to shoot the arrow, when Travis walked up behind me and put his hands over mine, causing me to slightly jump.

"You have to face your shoulders and hips parallel to the target" he whispered in my ear, causing a shiver to go down my spine

He then put his chest to my back and put his hands on my hips to turn them slightly. He pulled my elbow back a little and pointed the arrow down. I tried to focus, but he was making it almost impossible.

"Now release" he whispered

I let go and sure enough it hit a perfect bullseye. My body swiveled around to face the beaming boy. Pretending that it didn't have an affect on me, I stared at him calm. Although, his touch let me feeling giddy all over.

He grinned at me in approval, turning around to help another camper. My heart was still pounding like crazy and my face was no doubt flushed. Miranda must have saw what happened, because the minute his back was turned, she spun around and sent me a thumbs up which only made my face more red.

★T r a v i s★

After the dinner and the rest of my classes, it was time for capture the flag. I was ready to destroy them and finally take a win for myself. Sherman from Ares cabin assigned Connor and I as offense.

Sherman was repeating to us the plan, when he said something that left me on edge. "-then one of the kids from Hephestus cabin is gonna come at one of the defenders by the flag. But, right as the defender gets him, I'm going to come and attack them and get the flag."

I had a uneasy feeling in my stomach. Wasn't Katie defending by the stream? Even if she was, they wouldn't full on attack her, right? Not that I'm doubting her ability to fight for herself, but the Ares kids could be ruthless.

I knew that the other team were only going to have a couple of defenders because they wanted to have a full on attack. I'm just hoping...

I pushed those thoughts to the back of my mind and headed into the woods. Thinking the worst would only make me lower my defences. I just need to focus on right now and winning this for my team.

...

I sprint through the woods with my sword prepared for a attack at any second. Finally, I see the flag about a couple of yards ahead of me. Pumping my legs faster, I run through the forest of trees, excitement filling me inside at the easiness of it all.