Chapter 13

I can't believe she's gone. I knew she'd try and do this. I seen it in her eyes. I just denied it. It was all to good to be true. I wanted her to be okay and deep down inside I knew she wasn't.

Sadly I'm okay with it. Hurt but okay. I know she's where she wants to be. With dad. I think that's why I'm so okay with it? They are together and that's all that matters.

Landon arranged everything for me. I couldn't. I might be okay with it but I still couldn't do that. Landon wouldn't let me anyway. He told me to let him take care of it all. And he did. Including me.

I've been staying in his room because I didn't want to be alone and I don't want to be around anyone else. So I've stayed here and he had taken care of me. Making sure I've eaten, showered. He holds me when I cry. I thank mom for her letter. She's right about everything. I deserve to be happy and I need to give Landon a chance. So because of her I am. I'm not jumping into anything. I just admit we are mates. We still need to get to know each other before we jump into fully mating.

Mom is right he does love me. He proved that these last several days. The day I threw myself at him. God that's so embarrassing. He could have taken me right there and I wouldn't of had a problem with it but he didn't. And said he wouldn't wait until I was ready for it all. He also shown it by taken care of me.

"Ready?" he ask coming into his room. I nod a yes. We are headed to moms funeral. "It's going to be okay." he tells me. Something tells me he is trying convince himself as well as me. He seems to off these last couple of days. He is worried about something. I'm not sure what but something.

"Hey you'll tell me of something is bugging you right?" I ask as he hugs me.

"Yeah if it doesn't upset you." he tells me kissing the top of my head. I nod an okay. "Let's go." he whispers pulling away. I nod again letting go.

We head downstairs out the door to his sport car.

"Nice." I say running my hand across the hood.

"Thanks." he says as he opens the door for me.

"How can you afford this?" I ask. He is only a teacher. He nods for me to get in not answering me. I do and he shuts the door. He goes over getting in.

"It comes with being an alpha. I have my fathers money and your fathers money." he tells me. "He left everything to me but a few companies that belong to you." he finishes. I cock an eyebrow at him. "You didn't know that?" he ask me. I shake my head no.

"No." I answer.

"Well you have two companies and I have the rest. Along with the money which I haven't spent a dime of. It's not mine to spend. I don't know why he gave them to me but he did. My guess is to make sure the pack stayed stable." he says. I nod in agreement.

"Yeah sounds like dad. The pack and his family were the most important things to him. If those companies didn't make money for the pack he got rid of them." I tell him.

"Well you can have them." he says. I shake my head no.

"No you keep them." I say.

"Why?" he ask me.

"I don't want them well I do but with my luck they would go bankrupt and the pack would lose all that money. Besides I'll just come to you when I want money." I say winking at him. He chuckles nodding.

"That's why I leave it up to the people already running them and I but out. I'm a teacher no business owner. Your dad trust them so I will. And that was one of the stipulation for giving me that money. I had to make sure you and your mom were taken care off." he says. I nod an okay.

We drive in silence for a little bit him just holding my hand and us listening to the radio.

"We're here." he tells me. I sigh nodding. Here we go. He gets out coming to my side helping me out. I get out holding his hand. We walk into the church where most of the pack have arrived. Landon already told me whats going to happen. Some of it he cut out because he didn't think I wanted it. Like where I'm suppose to stand there and let people say there sorries. He is right I didn't want that. I didn't like doing at my fathers funeral. So we went in and took a seat up front for family. Which was just me and Landon.

I lost my grandparent before I was even born and I had no close family. Cousins and stuff like that are sitting behind us. I don't know where my aunt and uncle are. Mom had one brother and one sister. Not close either. I don't even know if they know. They must though if their sons and daughters are here.

Soon everyone arrives and they start the service. The whole time Landon has one arm behind my shoulders and the other one holding on to both hands on my lap. I cry on his shoulder of course. He cries also. I think him and my mother were pretty close. They have people come up and say a few things about her. Some was beautiful, other told how mom helped them in some way. Some were jokes about something mom did silly. It was really sweet of them.

After the service we get in the car behind the hearse. See he didn't do the limo or personal car for me either and that I was grateful for. I didn't want that. We followed the hearse to the cemetery. Him just holding my hand rubbing circle with his thumb. We get to the cemetery he helps me out. We go sit down in the family area. In front of the casket.

She's smiling that's all that matters.

The service goes by fairly quickly there. Landon held me all the way thru it. I cried on his shoulder. I've cried so much today that I'm giving myself a headache.

"Hey I'm going to be right over there." he says pointing to a tree. I look at him confused. "I'm going to give you sometime with your parents." he says seeing my confusion. Oh now I get it. I nod an okay. He kisses my forehead then walks away. I sit on my knees in between their graves since they are buried next to each other.

I really didn't know what to say to them. Here in front of me sure but buried not so much. So I just cried and told them how much I miss them. I'm sitting there just staring at their graves crying when someone unexpected shows up. Now is not the time for this.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Vote, Comment!!!!!! Thanks for reading, fanning me, commenting and voting.