Alana Mclaren

Powers: Shape Shifting, Telekinesis, telepathy, teleportation, precognition

Date: Monday, September 3rd

Time: 7:15 am

Location: Everdale High School (EHS)

...

"Okay let's get some things clear." Ava said to me as I sat on the trunk with of her car, finishing my yogurt. I nodded and licked the back of my spoon. "No powers at school, keep normal."

"What?" I glared at her. "Not fair."

"Not fair? Well do you want people to see?" Ava crosses her arms. "You've already been all over the news because of-"

"I know Ava, fine." I stuck my spoon back in my yogurt cup. "No powers."

"Good." Ava ran her fingers through her red hair. "Now, this week, they're going to announce the passings, you have to be there."

"I can't." I looked down into my yogurt cup.

"You have to be there for them, please Alana." Ava place a hand on my knee. I had on black skinny jeans and had a grey and black plaid button up tucked into it.

"Okay." I looked up, but not at her. I crossed my feet which were dressed in white converse. "I'll be there."

"Good, now you only have five minutes till the first bell rings, go in there and kick ass." Ava smiled and took my yogurt cup. "Go!"

"Fine." I hopped off the trunk of her car and grabbed my back; it was a little dusty purple satchel with all my books in it. I walked into the school building and looked around. It was sophomore year- for me at least. I was almost sixteen but Tyler was a Junior. Riley was a sophomore and so was Noah. Bella was a junior and Alex was too. I wasn't quite sure about Devin, I hadn't gotten close with him.

I headed to the gym to pick up my schedule. I was locker 35, same as last year. I headed down that way, looking over my schedule as I walked. The hall was crowded but I picked my way through easily.

All of a sudden I felt my grey beanie get snatched off the top of my head. "Hey-" I turned around to see my favorite teacher from freshman year, Mr. Davies, with my hat in his hands. I grinned. "Mr. Davies!"

"Miss. McLaren." He smiled back. "No hats in the halls."

"Sorry." I bit my lip and took my hat back. Mr. Davies taught Science.

"How was your summer? I saw you on the news, what happened to your friends was absolutely terrible." He pressed his lips together. He was young, late 20s, early 30s maybe? He had a big dark beard and light eyes and was quite tall and fit.

"Yeah." I swallowed and looked down. "We pulled through though."

"If you ever need to talk, I'm here. Room B202." He furrowed his eyebrows.

"Thanks." I was silent for a moment. "I'd better go to my locker."

He nodded and I waved goodbye, I kept down the hall until I reached the hallway with my locker. It was right beside the door of the art room. I put in my combo and opened it with ease, as I had done last year as well.

I put my beanie on the hanger and stuck my sketchbook on one of the shelves with my art pens.

I heard the girl at the locker beside me struggling. I looked at her, she had long blond hair and green eyes. I'd never seen her before. The locker she was at was Mia's old locker.

"Need help?" I asked with a strained smile.

She looked at me and laughed. "I can never figure these out, my last school didn't have lockers."