Chapter 19 - Stick Together

There's something fishy about Jenkai...just saying.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jennie POV

I thanked officer Seokjin for the escort home and helped Lisa out of the car. She stepped out and looked up to our house. Her expression was unreadable, blank. I wondered what she was thinking. I knew it wasn't the best moment to ask, so I just wrapped my arms around her waist. "Are you ready?" I whispered. Lisa bit her lip, like she was nervous. She exhaled and nodded, taking a step forward. I let her go and watched her walk to the door. Just like before, she hesitated before grabbing the door handle. Like the roles were reversed. Before, she was afraid to go out of her room, now she's afraid to go into one. Maybe she was afraid to be trapped again, to be locked up. I stepped forward and opened the door for her. She stared at the 'Welcome' doormat for a while, before getting inside after me. I put away our coats and lead Lisa into the living room. Jungkook, Chaeyoung and Jisoo were sat in the kitchen, in deep conversation. As soon as they noticed us, a wide smile appeared on my sisters face. She  got up and hugged me. I hugged her back and smiled, feeling safe again. "So, did he get jailed?" Jungkook got up as well. I nodded, rubbing Lisa's back to comfort the still uncomfortable girl. Jungkook smirked. "Good for him, fucking jerk." He mumbled the last part. I chuckled and looked around. "Where's Tae?" I wondered. Jisoo pointed upstairs. I hummed, he must've been tired after everything. Speaking of tired, I saw Lisa yawn cutely in the corner of my eye and smiled. "I'll be right back." I said before picking up the tired girl. I walked into my room and put her down on my bed. Lisa sighed contently and snuggled into the blankets, closing her eyes. I smiled and sat on the edge of the bed, stroking her hair. "You're safe now, baby." I whispered and placed a sweet kiss on her forehead. After I was sure she was sleeping, I left my room and went back downstairs.

When I got back into the kitchen, the three were still talking. I joined them and sat down at the table. "What are you guys talking about?" I asked. Chaeyoung looked down with sad eyes. "We were just thinking..." She trailed off. Jisoo finished her sentence. "What if Lisa really killed her parents?" She said carefully. It was obvious they were a bit scared of having her here, but I couldn't get mad at them for that. To be honest, I've been thinking about the same thing. The silence was broken by Jungkook, clearing his throat. "Even if she did, I'm sure there's a reason for it." He spoke. "I mean, she was in that hospital for a reason right? So whatever she's been through must've been extremely traumatizing." I smiled at my best friend, who just shrugged. He wasn't the kind of person to pity strangers, so this was really meaningful for me. Jisoo nodded too and turned to Chaeyoung. "You really know nothing else than her name?" She asked, putting her hand on Chaeyoung's. The said woman blushed and shook her head. "She just suddenly showed up, I'm not even sure if she's really sixteen." Jisoo nodded and took away her hand. "And you?" She now faced me. "What do you know?" I cleared my throat and shifted in my seat. "Well.." And so I explained everything I found out the past months. I told them about her habit of hiding, how she doesn't know anything about any kind of relationships with people, about the scars on her back, and the first time she spoke to me. After I finished, everyone looked at me with wide open eyes. I sighed and put my hands in my hair. Jisoo broke the silence. "Wow, that's just..wow." Was all she managed to utter. Chaeyoung put her hand over her mouth from shock. "How did I not notice...I should've seen those scars." She mumbled with tears in her eyes, causing Jisoo to intertwine their hands. "It's not your fault Chaengie, you can't see everything." They sadly smiled at each other. Tears welled up in my eyes thinking about everything. Without me realizing, a lot has happened since I started taking care of Lisa. I thought of all the times I scared her and couldn't help but feel guilty. Did I push her to hard? Did my love for her blind me for what she really needs? Unconsciously, I started shaking at the thought. Jungkook rubbed my back and shot me a worried look. "I just- I don't know what to do..I'm scared.." I admitted. "What if I did it wrong? What if-" I didn't finish my sentence. My three friends smiled at me and got up their chairs to hug me. I felt better knowing I had my friends and family to back me up. They knew how much Lisa means to me, and how sad I get when she's not okay. We released the hug and Jisoo held my shoulders. "Jen, you did so much to help that poor girl. Don't ever think you can't help her because from what I've heard, you got her to trust you, to love you. You helped her open up and even speak! And I have never been prouder of you, Jen. She's so lucky to have you by her side." Tears streamed over my cheeks as I listened to my sisters touching words. Jungkook and Chaeyoung just nodded and smiled at me. I felt a lot better now, and I was once again determined to make Lisa happy. I don't care what it takes, or what might have happened to her in the past. I will make her smile again, I will love and cherish her forever, no matter what we go through.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

it's a filler chapter...I had to write something as an excuse to get away from responsibilities.. anyway, I hope this chapter was okay for you :)