Prolouge

"Pound it!" Chat Noir and Ladybug say as they fist pump, like they always do after defeating an akuma.

"See you later kitty!" Ladybug said as she threw her yo-yo into somewhere far into the distance.

"Wait!" Chat Noir called out, stopping her from leaving.

She patiently waits for what he has to say. Although, for some reason, he can't bring himself to say what he would like to. He would open his mouth but nothing came out. Ladybug's Miraculous started to beep, indicating that she's going to transform back soon.

"Chat hurry", she says a little impatiently.

Chat Noir sighs and takes a deep breathe. Ladybug is very confused as this was a bit unusual, even for the Chat Noir.

"Ladybug, you know of my love for you-"

"Really Chat?! This again" She interjects.

"No no listen to me. I can not hide my feelings for you, no matter how much I try. I am in love with you my lady! I'll say it over and over until you understand what I am saying to you"

"Chat..."

"Shhh. I know, you have told me that you already have someone occupying your heart and that you are in love with him, not me. I'm trying not to find out who is and kill him for not already instantly embracing someone as perfect and beautiful as you" Ladybug can't help but giggle at his words " I'm serious... My only wish is that I could be that man for you. My lady, why can't you atleast accept my feelings? You don't have to return them..." Chat Noir finally finished.

"Chat... I-uh um..." Ladybug can't seem to find her own words this time.

"Is the thought of me being with me so unbearable?" Chat says looking down at the roofing underneath them.

"No it's not that it's just... I can't accept your feelings Chat. This can't be a thing, we can't be a thing. For our safety and for the better of all of Paris." Ladybug explains sternly.

Chat Noir didn't answer. He continued to look down below with hurt written all over his face.

Ladybug opened her mouth to further explain what she meant and hopefully comfort her partner but her earrings interrupted her, warning her that she was about to transform back.

"I have to go" Ladybug said before she threw her yo-yo out into the city and swung.

"Of course..." Chat said under his breathe as he watched the love of his life leave him behind.

Chat Noir sat on the edge of the roof and looked down onto the city and all of its inhabitants. He then proceeds to take out a piece of colored paper full of perfect cursive and reads it, attempting to make him self feel at least a little better. His ears flicker at the small sound of flapping.

He doesn't respond. He doesn't move. He just sits there listening as he came closer and closer to him. As it finally reached him, he still did not move a muscle. Just letting it happen.