Hello, there! Thank you for stopping by. So before you begin reading, I'd like to clarify a few things.
1. This story is a prequel to my main novel, "The Screams of Silence", which has not been published yet. The only reason why this prequel was written first was because I realized the main novel was too difficult to tackle and that I needed time to sort out such a big scale project. It's the type of story I'm unfamiliar with, so instead, I decided to tackle the events leading up to the main novel. You do not need to read this book before the main novel in order to understand it. However, reading this novella before the main novel may enhance the reading experience.
2. Because it's a prequel, this story is purely character-driven and will therefore be slow-paced compared to say, a fantasy novel with lots of action. If you don't like character-driven stories or have issues with slower paced novellas, this book is likely not for you. And that's totally okay. Personally, I had a great time writing this novella and I worked hard on it, and that's what matters most.
3. Updates will be consistent and at least once a week (every Saturday), unless I decide to post more than once a week for whatever reason. In the rare case that an update is delayed, readers will most definitely be notified.
4. Feedback, comments, theories, and discussions are heavily encouraged and greatly appreciated! And votes too, of course, but only if you enjoyed the chapter and truly think that it deserves your vote.
5. Just as a heads up, I will be doing a Q&A chapter towards the end of the book, so there will be a section where you (yes, you, the reader) can submit questions regarding the story, the characters, my writing process, my future projects, or anything. (Or if you're impatient, you can just message me, lol.)
And that's about it! Thank you for taking the time to read this author's note and I hope you enjoy this book!
YOU ARE READING
The Red Ribbon: The PrequelTeen Fiction
[Prequel to "The Screams of Silence", COMING SOON] [First Place Winner of Blue Rose Awards in Teen-Fiction] [UPDATES EVERY SATURDAY] It's the beginning of a new school year as elite junior Ravenna Griselda continues her reign of terror over the stud...