Chapter 5

"No! Don't open the door," Chloe yelled, stopping Sabrina from opening the door. She was still scared from what she had seen. She wanted to escape as well, but she didn't think it was okay to leave yet.

"But we have to go," Sabrina told her, obviously scared herself, but she was braver than Chloe. She wanted to leave this place as soon as possible, and never come back.

M... My... Precious. Why... Are... You... Hiding?

The girls couldn't contain themselves as they ran around, screaming and yelling. Someone was watching their every moves and they didn't know who.

The man holding Chloe's and Sabrina's bags looked at all of them. He was scared, but he didn't want to show it. Chloe had told him that all he had to do was bring in their bags inside, then leave. But now he was stuck inside here with the girls.

The girls claimed down, and listened to see if the unknown person would say anything else. It was silent. Dead silent.

"I think it's safe to leave now," the man said. Juleka jumped at his voice, forgetting that he was even here.

Marinette nodded. "I think so too."

"Marinette's you stupid!" Chloe yelled. "The front door is locked we can't open it! Don't forget that it's the only way we can get out!"

"Or is it?" Marinette asked. Girl, your servant or whatever just said it was safe to leave, and you only yell at me and call me stupid.

"What do you mean?" Mylene asked, getting closer to listen more carefully.

"What if there's another place we can escape through?" Marinette explained.

Chloe shook her head. "We're new here. How can we know where to go?!"

"Let's explore around," Alya suggested. "And see what we can find."

"Alya, this isn't a museum," Sabrina spoke. "It's an orphanage. A creepy one too. How can we just explore around?"

"You tell her, Sabrina," Chloe said.

"I do agree that it's going to be risky exploring around," Marinette said, "but what else can we do? Stay in here forever?"

"Let's stay here for a while and think if what we can do," Juleka suggested as she sat down. She zipped open her backpack. "I've got snacks."

"Who hasn't got snacks?" Chloe rolled her eyes. "Of course everyone here brought food because of the children."

"Really?" Alya turned to Chloe, raising her eyebrows. "You did?"

"No, I didn't," Chloe said. "Why would I waste my time bringing snacks for some kids? But I know you all have got some, so you're going to share! Or else when we get out of here, my father is going to sue you. All of you!"

Sabrina grabbed her bag from the man. "I've got some doughnuts." She opened her bag and got out a box of fresh doughnuts she had brought. "We can all share. I think I've got enough for everyone."

"Aw, thanks Sabrina," Mylene said. But when she was about to take her, Chloe slapped her hand away.

"Pretty girls first," she said, then took a doughnut. "And besides I helped Sabrina get these, so you should also thank me!"

That's a lie, Sabrina thought, but she didn't say it out loud. She passed the doughnuts to everyone's until they all had one in their hands.

"W... What... Is... That... Smell?"

The girls and the man got real quiet, each of them holding a half eaten doughnuts in their hands.

"I... I... I... Smell...

Doughnuts..."