𝐱𝐯𝐢. A NIGHT OF DISAPPOINTMENTS

︵‿︵‿︵‿︵

︵‿︵‿︵‿︵

  BAILEY THOUGHT THAT HE WAS absolutely deranged. She had already planned on how she intended to spend the night; she was going to be locked away in her room, revisiting the mountain of notes she had accumulated and then studying her findings so far. Bailey didn't want to socialize, she didn't want to be around loud music, sweaty teenagers, flickering lights—it all sounded traumatizing. But she had been tricked, duped into going over to the Cullen house because Jasper had said he finally had her venom samples ready. He even told her that his family had added an entire laboratory to their house just for her so she could experiment in peace. 

Bailey had trusted him, she had put her faith in him and instead, he had betrayed her. 

"Stop standing like that," Alice said while adjusting Bailey's dress. 

Bailey stood stiffly, her shoulders raised as her eyes shifted around the room uncomfortably. This wasn't a laboratory. It was Alice's room, basically a dressing room. Bailey was getting dolled up as if she were a barbie doll and she knew the exact reason why—prom

"Refusing to let me go home classifies this whole thing as kidnapping," Bailey muttered. 

"Hush," Alice giggled happily. She was having too much fun with this whole thing. "Okay, done!" 

Bailey stepped forward as Alice moved away. She looked over at the full-length mirror to her right and saw her reflection. Her hair was straightened and in a 90s inspired blowout that gave it ridiculous volume, her makeup was done so that her eyes were dark (dark shadow, black eyeliner with a sharp wing) and yet she had a light-tone lip. Her dress was made of a light material, nothing too heavy and more on the airy side so she wouldn't get too hot. To go along with everything, she had black, fingerless gloves made of lace. Her heels were also black and the strappy kind that had the strap wrap around her leg up until reached her knee. Bailey blinked a few times as she examined her appearance.

"Tell me you love it," Alice was smiling proudly. The ensemble screamed Bailey, she had done a very good job. 

"I suppose it could have been a lot worse," Bailey admitted. She liked the look, but she didn't like where she was going to be wearing it. "But I won't be needing it." 

"Aw, you have to go, Bailey. I know Jasper really wants you to." 

"Why?" Bailey grumbled. 

"Because he's graduating and he wants you to make some more friends," Alice explained. 

"Why can't he mind his own business?" Bailey's tone wasn't meant to be rude. She was stating a fact. It wasn't Jasper's place to try and force her to make friends. She didn't need nor did she want his help with that.

Alice ignored her comment. "Come on, Bella and Edward are waiting." 

Bailey knew she had no choice in the matter. She couldn't run away even if she wanted to, after all, vampires were much faster than her and she didn't know how to run in heels. She followed Alice through the Cullen house down the stairs and to the garage where Bella and Edward were by his car waiting and Jasper was off to the side giving them some space. Emmett and Rosalie had already gone ahead; Rosalie still didn't like them.