Chapter 2: Rebels ;)

Chapter 2

"Why are we going to this dumb party again?" Nina complained, again. I sighed.

"Because we'll look like complete nerds if we stay in doing our homework or something while everyone else is having a grand old time down at the pool," I replied, rolling my eyes. She groaned.

"But..."

"No buts, Nina. We're going." Said Steph defiantly. She groaned again.

"But Spencer Richmond of all people..."

"Yeah? So? The whole of junior sixth-form's gonna be there! It's not like it's just us and him," I pointed out.

We were sitting in a circle in mine and Steph's room, obviously discussing the party. Steph was stretched out on her stomach doodling on her History essay, Nina was sitting cross-legged with her head in her hands, grumpy, and I was sitting with my legs crossed stretched out in front of me and leaning on my arms behind.

"I'm going to bed," said Nina sourly, getting up.

"Night," we both said. I waited until Nina had gone before I started.

"Steph, about what happened at lunch..." She looked up, confused. "You know, when you were talking about a guy with an 8 pack who you didn't want to confront?" She nodded. "Why not? Don't tell me you already have a boyfriend and you didn't tell me..."

"I-um-well-Night," she said hastily. I grabbed her arm.

"Tell me." She sighed and sat back down again.

"I...fancy someone. A hell of a lot more that I fancy that guy..."

"Who?"

"I...um...er..." She didn't want to tell me, that much was for sure.

"Steph?"

"Night, Jess." She said, and crawled into bed. I scowled and furrowed my brow. I would find out.

Friday

"MORNING!!" screeched Nina, flinging open the door. I cracked open an eye and glared at her.

"Le' me alone," I mumbled. "'s too early..."

"It's Friday! Be happy!" she sang, completely disregarding me. Steph groaned and rolled off her bed.

"Christ, you're such a morning bird, aren't you?!" She nodded happily. We both got up and went into our bathrooms while Nina (predictably) picked our outfits for today. When I finished my shower I saw a bunch of clothes sitting on my loo seat, and I couldn't help but smile as I saw she'd picked out my long sleeved cream top, blue skinny jeans and tan boots.

"Don't you look gorgeous!" Nina cooed at us, making us roll our eyes.

"You're just sweet talking us to get out of the party," Steph said, making me laugh. Nina frowned and shook her head, but we weren't fooled. Dropping it, we went down to breakfast.

I heard people going on about the party, and wondered why Spencer had just suddenly decided to throw a party out of the blue. I quickly came to the conclusion that he wasn't getting any recently so decided to make an excuse to find girls. As I tucked into my sausage and eggs Nina said,

"Do we have to go to the p-"

"Yes!" we chorused in unison, knowing she was about to complain about the party...again. She scowled and we finished our breakfast.